Chapter 32

I sit on the edge of my bed, wondering what to do. I think about what Sally said, but I can't decide.

Do I go and find him?

Do I wait for him to find me?

'If they were truly your's, they'll be back; one way or another'

That's when I realise what I've got to do, and I need someone's help. I practically run to the bathroom to shower and get dressed, before grabbing my phone and dashing out of the front door. I take the short walk to her house and knock loudly on the door. It only takes a few seconds for her to open the door.

"Dan?" Emma says.

"Hey! I need your help!" I tell her.

"Okay, sure" she nods and lets me in the house.

"What do you need help with?" She asks as we sit on the couch.

"As you know, Sally visited me earlier today. She told me this quote. It was something along the lines of 'if you love something let go, but if it was truly your's, they'll be back; one way or another'. I know she meant that Phil will be back for me, if he's truly mine. But I am his. I'm Phil's. So that surely means I should go and find him, right?" Emma slightly nods, taking in what I've said.

"How does this effect me?" She asks.

"I need your help in finding him. I can't go by myself, right?"

"That's true, when were you thinking of starting?"

"I don't know.. When's the next flight?" I ask. I honestly didn't think any of this through, I just decided that I needed to find him, and as soon as I possibly can.

"Wow, much risky. I'll look" she says, taking her iPad from the table and looking up the Australian flight times on the airports near here. I think about how much she sounds like a meme and I slightly laugh, earning an evil look from her.

"The very next one is in two hours, bit short notice though isn't it? Other then that it's tomorrow, should I book that one?"

"No, book today's. That's plenty of time. We just need to get the others and tell my mum, then we're off!" I'm already excited to see him. I can't wait, it'll be easy if we bring Kayleigh and Sally too, right? I don't know how, but I think they'll be helpful.

"Do you know where Phil went?" Emma asks, not even looking up from the iPad. I snigger at her stupid question.

"Australia, duh"

"I mean where in Australia?" She says, then literally face palms.

"Oh. Erm.."

"You don't know?"

"No.." I tell her, turning red. As I said, I really didn't think this out. Like, at all.

"Did you try calling him?" She asks.

"Oh, no" I reply, turning even more red. I fumble around in my pocket for my phone. When I find it I bring up my contacts and call Phil. The phone rings three times before Phil picks up.

"Dan, you can't call me!"

"Why? I'm coming to find you Phil, where are you?"

"Sydney, you can't-" Phil stops mid sentence and I hear the phone being snatched away.

"Leave him alone" a deep voice says, and I instantly know who it is. He was the one that stopped me from getting on the plane, I know it. The phone line goes dead and I sigh, shutting my eyes, trying to calm myself. I really, really want to hit him, but I don't want to slow down the process of finding Phil. I try calling one more time, but the line says that the number is blocked.

"He hung up" I tell Emma, putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Phil? He's too nice to hang up on you!" Emma states, confused.

"It wasn't Phil" I sigh.

"Then who was it?"

I sigh "Steve"