Chapter 29: The Warm Summer Wind and a Lover's Embrace

Mykall knelt before the Goddess. He could feel the power swirling around him, the energies unleashed as the sun bathed everything in its warm glow. He kept his head bowed, not daring to look up at the Deity's presence. But there was something that compelled him. He knew it was not for mortals to look upon a Goddess, but he felt a tiny urging, a murmur in the heart, perhaps. He looked up.

A beautiful girl smiled back at him, standing beside Mina, holding her hand. Mykall froze. "That face," he whispered to himself. "When was it again?" Something bothered him deeply, something awoke in his soul.

The Warm Summer Wind, and a Lover's Embrace.

"Remember me, Always."

A flood of memories. Mykall's head hurt, the pain in his heart was worse. Pain. The pain of losing her.

He held his hand out, wanting to touch her. So close, and yet, so far away.

"Tessa, I..." he began to stammer, at a loss for words.

But she kept on walking, getting farther away from him. The Goddess walks on Kuro once more.

The Goddess.

Her.

My love.

"Remember me, Always."

Tears fell from Mykall's eyes. "I remember, Tessa," He sobbed softly, head bowed. "I remember my promise."

--------------

I am so sorry for how short this chapter is! It really is THIS short!

Now I have to know...WHO saw this coming? I know at least one of you did given the comments ;)

Thanks for continuing to keep reading. Book 1 is drawing to a close...