Chapter 2

Jay feather  slept and dreamed of a mysterious land. 

He saw himself traveling to the mountains and into a land of two legs... He met a cat named Ravenpaw, he traveled into a cold empty forest laced with thunder paths...He also came across a clearing with a large rock with a hole that looked like a den, structures that looked like old dens and wondered if cats had lived there before...then, a voice said "travel past the mountains and find a long kept secret" 

Jayfeather woke with a start.

What?Travel past the mountains? Why?

"Jay Feather!"

Bluepaw!

"What?"

It's Bramblestar... I think he has whitecough he was looking quite tired yesterday...

"WHAT??? I'll be with him In a second."

Jay feather gave himself a quick grooming and tasted the crisp clean scent of snow.Leafbare...

The dream!No Jayfeather! Bramble star is sick worry about that some other time! Comfrey, marigold, juniper berries, and catmint that should be all.

Jayfeather packed everything in a small leaf wrap and bundled through the camp to Bramblestar's nest. As he went in he smelled the sour taste of sickness Bluepaw had been wrong not Whitecough but deadly Greencough. He was immediately jerked back into the memories of trying to save Leafpool. Jayfeather shook his head as if to clear his ears and padded over to Bramblestar. He nosed some catmint to him.

"Eat it!"

"No, save it for the elders Sandstorm has greencough too I... visited her yesterday I wanted to tell you but you were busy with Bluepaw."

"I DONT CARE EAT THE LEAVES OR I WILL SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT!"

"I never knew such a quiet kit could turn so bossy!"  Bramble star said with a touch of amusement.

"I have to go check on Sandstorm" Jayfeather gathered the remaining catmint and headed to the elders den.

Once he treated Sandstorm he went to Bluepaw and told her to check on the other cats while he munched on a rather scrawny vole. Bluepaw came back with three more reports of whitecough, though she saved Jayfeather the work of treating them by treating them each with a dose of juniper and catmint and a hint of watermint.

Great Starclan no, not the green cough again!....the prophecy from Starclan I don't think it can wait.Travel past the mountains, what is that sopposed to mean? Jay feather pondered the fact until the sun started to set then came to realize than in order to travel paat the mountains and into the beyond he would have to leave Bluepaw in Thunderclan with all the sick cats.He couldn't do that once again Starclans prophecy would have to wait...I'm sorry Starclan Jayfeather thought as he drifted off into the world of color.