Chapter 4: Jameson

CHAPTER 4
Jameson's P.O.V

"Absolutely not." I told them again, stuffing yesterday's take home tests into my briefcase. "The fact that you all would even suggest something so idiotic is outrageous."

"But..." Nat tried. I snapped the case shut and turned around quickly, causing all six of them to retreat back a step.

"This is an all boys' school! Why, you might ask? Because parents pay good money so that their sons aren't faced with anything of the female variety, your parents in fact! How happy do you think all those parents would be if we decided to allow a whole fleet of girls to stay in this school for an extended period of time? Ignore the signs and move on, alright?" I resolved.

"But Jamie they said we were ugly and dumb!" Nat persisted, stepping closer again. "They said we were nothing more than the scraping at the bottom of a barrel! If we were to allow some of those girls here they could..."

"Nathaniel you're a model! If anyone wanted to know what you look like all they'd have to do is Google your name! Nikolai your dad is an ambassador! Your face is all over the world! Ian is in movies and Taylor has dated movie stars! All of you have nothing to prove!" I shot him down again and tried to walk past them.

"Nat!" Ian hissed in his ear and pushed him toward me. I narrowed my eyes at his token pouty face. So there secret weapon was trying to use Nat against me, I thought, trying to retain my irritated persona as Nat seemed to slowly work up the courage to beg. After a few moments I assumed he had given up on trying to convince me and so I turned my back to them all in an attempt to escape their crestfallen faces.

"It's about how we as a community reflect our school! If we don't set the record straight on this one little thing, the lies will only get worse! And it's best we get exposed to girls now, in a safe environment and for controlled periods of time don't you think?" Nat rationalized, catching me by the shoulder. I sighed, turning around once again and staring the boys up and down. Being around them all at once was a bit unnerving. They were all so famous and theoretically perfect. It made this whole situation so much more confusing. Why on earth would girls attack these boys of all people? It made no sense.

Nathaniel extended his bottom lip, making the plump flesh even larger as he pouted up at me. My mind flashed to last night, when those pretty lips were wrapped around my fingers and that delectable little tongue was lapping up my....

"If anything bad were to happen it'd be my ass on the line which means it would be yours too. I'll fail you in my class for the rest of your lives. You will never graduate from this school do you all understand?" I groaned, snatching the release form out of Nat's hands. They all nodded eagerly. "Well turn around," I snapped at Nat. "I need something to write on." He turned around quickly as I got out my pen and scribbled out a signature. "Congratulations. For the next three months the young women from our Lady of Virtue will be attending our facilities. Now, if that's it I'll be going home now." They all nodded again. "Come on Nat. I'm tired."

"Goodbye." He said to his friends and followed me out to the car. "Thank you Jamie..." he began, but I held up my hand, shutting him up.

"If a single thing goes wrong, I'll kick you out, do you understand?" I questioned. I expected him to call my bluff with a snarky remark, but his look of adoration remained firmly in place.

"yes."

"Good." I sat down in the car and waited for him
to climb in as well.

~~~~~

"Yes mom...I get it! Bye!" Nat slammed the phone back onto the base and stormed into his room. While that might have been normal teenage behavior, Nat was never one to indulge in such behavior. Before I could question what that was about, the phone began to ring again. Begrudgingly, I rose to my feet and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I asked, switching my test papers to my other hand.

"Oh Jameson I'm glad you answered! Is my baby okay?" Nat's mom cried over the telephone. Great, I groaned in my head, today just keeps getting better.

"He's fine Mrs. Roberts." I sighed, going back to grading the tests as she whined in my ear.

"All I did was say this acting job could be the next move in his career! I mean I understand pretending to be an actress' boyfriend will be kind of tiring but she's beautiful and in the long run-"

"Wait!" I snapped out of my trance. "You want him to date who?"

"Oh he hasn't told you? That boy... Well her name is Mona Blue. She's the leading lady in a sitcom about a high school full of vampires. They've decided to add a love interest and the station thinks bringing in her actual boyfriend would make the ratings better so-"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Roberts. I think someone's at the door. I'm looking forward to your call tomorrow. Good bye." I said quickly and slammed the phone down too. Shit, I thought, did you really just hang up on Nat's mom? So what if Nat was going to get some stuck up chick as a girlfriend? I didn't care. He was seventeen years old and it was about time he found someone other than me. It didn't matter to me at all...

And even as I told myself this I found myself on my laptop and looking up this 'Mona Blue'. When I saw her I froze. A petite girl with Bettie page bangs and long black hair looked back at me from the screen. Her skin was the color of porcelain and her lips were the color of a freshly bitten strawberry. "She's pretty isn't she?" I turned around and locked eyes with Nat.

"She's a little dark for your taste isn't she?" I asked. The girl in question was wearing black fishnets and a spandex black leotard.

"That's just the picture of the character she plays. I've met her once or twice. She's really sweet." He said this slowly, a smile inching its way onto his face. "Maybe I should talk to my mom again. Dating her w-"

Before he could finish I'd reached for his head and pulled him down into a kiss. He seemed content with this and didn't argue. I was glad. Admitting for the second time in twenty four hours that Nat was important to me was not something I was looking forward to.

It was getting too hard to push Nathaniel away. I had to do something and soon. This couldn't continue.

Picture is of Rory Manning as Mona Blue