ʚ ONE ; PAINFUL BUT UNFORGETTABLE ɞ

"N-Natsu... why is it so cold?"

"NO! STAY WITH ME!"

A pink haired boy hugged a pink haired girl's lifeless body.

"Please come back, you're the only family I have..."

ミ☆

Stuffing a pile of food into his mouth, Natsu's attention turned to the conversation that Lucy, Erza, and Gray were having.

"Who is this?"

"She looks like Natsu."

"Natsumi?"

Natsu began to tense up, hearing the name that he wished to forget. "Natsumi?" Natsu glanced back to see them looking at the board filled with pictures of loved ones people wished to remember. "Why is Natsumi... there?"

In the middle of the board of pictures, a picture sat there, containing a little girl with light pink hair smiling her heart out. On the picture, it had a caption of the name Natsumi.

His eyes followed them as the three shrugged away the question and walk back to him. They noticed that Natsu's body language was way different from his usual body language.

"Natsu, you okay?"

His eyes wandered off back to the picture, flying off to space. The eyes of his friends looked back and forth from him to the picture.

"Natsu!" Lucy yelled, shaking the Salamander back to earth.

"Huh?"

"Natsu, you were ignoring us!" Lucy exclaimed, but he ignored her.

The pink haired male stood up and walked towards the board, staring right at the picture of the familiar looking little girl. Shaking his head, he tore off the picture from the board and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Natsu, why did you do that!?" Erza yelled, confused why Natsu was acting this way.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Natsu mumbled.

"Please..."

Natsu sighed, "Fine."

Painful memories from the past began to flow back into his brain. He wanted to forget what happened but he doesn't want to forget her.

"Natsu!" Natsumi exclaims as she jumps onto the back of little Natsu and starts messing with his hair. She was almost a copy image of Natsu, but of course female.

"Natsumi! Can you please stop rubbing my hair!" He giggled, trying to shake the pest off his back.

The little girl fell off his back, making her pout. Younger Nastu chuckles as she began to whine.

"Owie," Natsumi whined, causing Natsu to giggle more.

"Gomen, Natsumi." Natsu apologized, pulling her back to her feet.

Then a red scaled dragon revealed himself, making the children's face to brighten and exclaim, "Otō-san!"

"Let's go, it is sleep time."

Then the three entered the cave and curled up together, like a family.

ミ☆

When Natsu woke up, he yawned and stretched his arms out. Looking beside him, he watched as Natsumi began to stretch and let out baby yawns.

One thing caught their attention, causing them to panic. The red scaled dragon, Igneel, wasn't here.

"Otō-san? Otō-san?!" Natsumi yelled, panicking.

Their attention was stolen by three people who just entered the cave.

"Eh? There are children here." Person one grunted.

"I'm bored... Let's kill the boy!" Person two cheered.

Person two revealed a dagger, scaring the two pink haired siblings. With a large and maniac-like smile, he lashed forward with huge scary eyes for his target, young Natsu Dragneel.

Without thinking, Natsumi went in front of him and took the hit for her brother. She gasped in pain as the person dug the dagger deeper into her, making her pupils turn smaller. Her face began to lose emotion as she gripped the arm that dug the dagger deeper into her.

Natsu ran towards them with burning anger. Casting magic caused the three men to run out of the cave in fear.

His eyes widened as he launched himself back to Natsumi's body. Natsumi's eyes began to water as blood began to drip out of her mouth. Natsu had tried to stop the bleeding, comforting Natsumi that she'll be okay.

"N-Natsu... why is it so cold?" Natsumi whispered, numb.

"No, no, no. Don't you say that? You'll be okay." Natsu states, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

Natsumi began to dryly giggle, shakily holding his wrist. "Natsu... I can't feel anything."

The pink haired boy refused to let go of her wound.

Pulling out her necklace, she placed it on the back of his hands. "I-I'm losing consciousness Natsu.."

The pink haired girl smiled as she weakly sits up, pushing her brother's hands off. Wrapping her arms around his neck, tears streaming down his eyes.

Wrapping his arms around her, Natsu felt Natsumi's grip loosening. He refused to let go of the cold body of his twin. He didn't want to believe she was gone. He couldn't..

"Please come back, you're the only family I have..."

ミ☆

"Nevermind, just leave me alone." Natsu shuffled out of the guild, a sad aura surrounding him.

Master went down the stairs, walking up to Natsu's teammates, "What's wrong with Natsu?"

"I don't know. Natsu was never like this." Lucy mumbled, surprised Natsu was acting this way because he was always so cheerful.

"What happened?"

"Natsu took a picture of a little girl with pink hair with him."

"Hmm. I want you guys to cheer him up. With him depressed, the guild won't be the same without the idiotic and weird Natsu."

"Yes/Aye Master!"