Chapter 12: Preparing Myself

Megan's POV

"Megan, I have to ask you a question," Paul says, taking my attention from my math homework that I was currently working on.

I let out a breath of relief, finally having an excuse to not do my homework. I didn't understand one word of this shit. It honestly made no sense. At all.

"Yeah?" I question, looking over at him.

"Would you," Paul begins. He takes a deep breath, and begins again. Hm, strange. I had never seen him nervous before like this.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asks, looking over at me, a hopeful look on his face.

I smile hugely, and answer him, already knowing my answer, having pictured this scenario over a million times in my head.

"I would love to go on a date with you," I exclaim, the smile never leaving my face.

Paul's nervous face quickly turned into a huge smile. He packed up all of his stuff, confusing me slightly.

"Alright, we're going out tonight, at 8:30. Don't you be a minute late," He tells me, then sweeps down next to my chair that I was sitting on, and kisses me full on the lips, leaving tingles on them, and sending shivers throughout my body. And just like that he was gone.

I look after him, never being so confused than I was right at that moment.

I rush downstairs, and into the kitchen, which held Bella and Charlie. Oh, did I forget to mention that I was living with them now? I did? Oh...Well, you know now! 

"Bells, I need you right now. Emergency."

She looked over at me, confusion all over her face, and you could tell she was about to question me, but one look at my face, a huge grin landed itself on hers. 

"Oh, of course my dear friend," She said, her face looking as if it was about to split in half.

"Don't look too happy about it," I grumble, watching my mental best friend practically skip up the stairs and into my room.

As soon as I walked in, Bella pounced on me. 

"Oh my God you're going on a date with Pauly Wally!" She shouted so loud that people all the way in France could probably hear her.

"Will you shut up!" I whisper-shout clamping my hand over her mouth.

"Wait, we have to get you ready! When are you supposed to be ready?" She asked me, suddenly turning way too girly for my liking.

"I thought you didn't have a girly bone in your body?" I state, eying her suspiciously.

"I don't like being girly myself, but I love to play dress-up with my best friend! Now, when's your date?"

"8:30."

"8:30?! Damn, we don't have that much time, we have to go shopping asap!" Bella exclaims, running out of my room and down the stairs. 

I look over at the clock on my bedside table. 1:20 pm is what it read. Not that much time?! We have all day! But knowing Bella, I won't win this battle, so I trudge down the steps.

But if I was being honest with myself, I was super excited to finally be going on a date with Paul. I was really developing feelings for the kid.

I was currently in my car with Bella, Kim, and Emily. We were on our way to the mall to buy me a couple outfits for my date with Paul. Emily knew where he was taking me, and apparently it wasn't a normal dinner and a movie date, much more elaborate. 

Apparently, Paul was talking to the guys about where he should take me, and they finally decided, and Sam told Emily, Jared told Kim, and they both told Bella, and now everyone knows where we're going but me.

And do you know how I feel about that? I freaking hate it. And I've literally been banned from phasing, because I would see the date plans, because that's all everyone's thinking about right now.

Apparently I needed 3 outfits. Formal, casual, and swimwear. That's how Emily put it anyway. I put it as fancy, normal, and swimsuit. I like my way better.

We finally pulled up to this mall, that I've never heard of. Apparently it was Emily and Kim's favorite store. Bella, like me, has no idea what this store sells. We make our way in, and of course I'm pulled in all directions. I just hope Paul likes my outfits.

Finally! We're back at home, and the girls immediately pull me into the kitchen...? The girls, seeing my confused face, answered my unspoken question.

"You're going to be up there for forever, and we're going to basically torture you, so you're going to need a bit of food to be able to handle it," Bella explained, while Emily and Kim rummage around the kitchen looking for a snack for me to eat.

Two hours later, my torture was finally over. I honestly don't even know how they spent that much time doing the few things they did. All they did was curl my hair, put me in my first outfit, put jewelry on me, then put the other clothes I needed in a backpack type thing. I could have done all that in about 15-20 minutes. 

They push me in front of the mirror, and sigh in content with their work.

"Do you think he'll like it?" I ask, looking at myself in the mirror, turning around to get a full glimpse. They all laughed, and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Megan, you know he won't like it," Bella exclaimed, looking at me. My eyes widen, and I turn around looking at them all, my thoughts full of panic thinking Paul wouldn't like it.

"What do you mean?" I all but shout, getting extremely worried, and feeling a bit sick. They all laugh again, and it was really beginning to piss me off. 

"Megan, he's not going to like it, because he's going to like it, you idiot!" Kim says, continuing to laugh. I glare at them all, and was about to tell them off for worrying me like that, but I was interrupted by the doorbell.