Chapter 10: The Truth Comes Out

Paul walks closer to me, and picks up my hands.

"Okay, I'm just going to pick up from where I left off."

"Megan, I know I've only known you for a lit-Where did you get that necklace?" Paul suddenly asks, looking angry, and confused.

I look down, and finger my necklace lightly. 

"My dad gave it to me when I was 5. We had to move away from my best friend, so he gave it to me to apologize. I think his name was Paul. Hey, what a coincidence!" I said, smiling remembering the fun times I had with my old best friend.

Paul looked at me, his eyes huge.

"Do you remember his last name?" He whispered.

"Um, no. Sorry. All I remember is we had to move because our parents got into a huge fight or something."

"Boo Bear!" He shouts, frightening me momentarily.

"Where did you hear that from? The only person who's called me that was....Paul...Oh my God," I whisper finally realizing it.

Paul was my best friend from my childhood.

He gave me this necklace, because we were so sad that we had to leave each other.

"Pauly?" I say, tears coming to my eyes.

I know it seems silly, but Paul was my best friend.

We did everything together, never leaving each others side.

He was my first kiss, my first "boyfriend," and my first friend.

We were like two peas in a pod.

We always stayed at each others house, and we both made fun of Jacob Black because when he was a baby he looked like a monkey.

I was absolutely heartbroken when I had to leave him.

"You're my best friend, that I haven't seen in 12 years?" 

"Yeah, I guess I am," He answers, looking at me.

"But, why didn't I know? My parents! They must have lied to me. Come on!" I shout, running towards my house, which was actually quite easy now.

It felt natural, and absolutely amazing!

I could run so fast now, and it felt amazing on my muscles, but right now I wasn't worried about that, I was worried about the truth.

Finally my house came into view, and I slam the door open, my anger getting the best of me.

I walk into the dining room, where my parents are talking at the table, sipping coffee.

I slam my hand on the table, and look at them.

"I want the truth, and I want it now," I demand, glaring at them.

"Who is he?" My mother asks, completely ignoring me.

I glare at them, and answer snarkily,

"Paul Lahote. Ring a bell?" I ask, smirking when they're eyes widen.

"Now tell me the truth, and I swear on Harry Potter if you don't tell me, I'll move out and become a prostitute."

They knew I was being serious.

I swore on Harry Potter.

"Honey, we can explain-" My father tries to say.

"Then do so."

I wasn't dealing with their shit today.

My father looks at my mom, and she rises from her chair, and goes to the closet.

I silently watch her reach up to the very top shelf, and take down a HUGE box.

She sets in on the table, and opens it up.

What I see, almost brings me to tears.