Chapter 11: Not So Picture Perfect

I open the box, and inside are hundreds of photos, of two children. A boy and girl.

I look on the back of the pictures, and all of them are labeled, 'Paul and Megan."

There were so many of them.

The last one was the day we moved to Forks.

I looked over at my parents, my eyes filling with tears.

"You kept this from me. For all these years? How could you? I trusted you!" I shout, making them jump slightly.

"Now honey, just let us explain," My father tried to get me to calm down.

"And you!" I turn on him, livid.

"You told me you gave this to me!" I shout, holding my necklace up, which was hanging around my neck.

"But you didn't! Paul did! Why would you lie to me? You guys are the ones who raised me not to lie, and yet you're doing it everyday!"

"Sweetie, we did it to protect you!" Mom said, getting upset.

"Well look how that worked out. I'm done," I said, shaking my head in disgust at them.

"What do mean?" My father asked.

"I'm moving out,"I replied simply.

"No, you're not," My father said sternly.

"You have no right to tell me what I can and can't do. My whole life is a lie thanks to you. I'm not going to live in a house full of liars," I stood up from my chair, and went up the stairs to my room, Paul following me silently.

I packed up all my stuff, still feeling quite angry.

I'm actually surprised I hadn't phased.

I had everything packed, and was walking out the door of my parents house.

"Honey, please don't go!" My mother pleaded with me, tears sliently streaming down her face.

"I wouldn't be doing this if you hadn't lied to me. You know that I hate liars, so why would you even do it? You say you were protecting me, but really you were just protecting yourselves," I say my final words, then storm out of the house, my suitcases in hand.

After walking for a while in silence, Paul turned me around and pulled me into his arms.

"What are you doing? I'm angry, not sad," I tell him, trying to get out of his arms, even though they felt nice around me.

He pulled away, and looked into my eyes.

"You know you're not mad, you're sad that your parents lied to you. You thought you guys were closer than that. You're just too stubborn to admit it. Megan, you don't have to hide your emotions in front of me. You can be yourself around me, because I like you for you. You don't have to hide, Megan," He told me, looking into my eyes, and I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

As soon as he said those words, the tears started pouring out of my eyes.

I sobbed, into Paul's arms.

I loved my parents so much, but they lied to me.

I couldn't believe they had done that!

I thought we were closer than that!

My dad always promised that he loves me, and that he would never lie to me.

Turns out that was a lie, too.

Paul pulled away after a minute.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" He asked me, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

I nodded, and looked up at him.

"Kiss me," I say simply.

He smiles, and whispers,

"Your wish is my command."

AN: To see the pictures go to http://www.quotev.com/story/3451467/Pictures-for-chapter-11-of-The-Two-Hotheads/1/