"All right, if you say so." He chuckled. "What's his name again?" 

"Mr. Fitz." 

Better change the topic before she got too deep into it and started telling things she shouldn't. But to what? Think Aria, think. Er... her book? Oh, yeah. The biography. 

"Hey, maybe I'll... I'll check out that biography at school. What's it called?" 

"I've got a copy of it in my office. I'll bring it home. It might inspire you." 

Okay. So, changing the topic, check. Name of the book? Nope. Inspire? Wait... Inspire?! 

"To what, write a novel?" 

"You've got it in you", Byron said. 

Oops. Had she said that out loud? Right, he answered. Of course she had. Because reading thoughts was not possible. Even though it would explain a hell of a lot. 

Also known as 'A'. 

"Byron?" 

A voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She looked around and spotted a blonde, standing next to her. What bothered her though, was that she looked an awful lot like the one her father betrayed her mother with. 

"Hey! Hi. How you doing?" 

Definitely the one. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt." 

Go away, then. 

"No, no, no. That's okay." 

That's okay?! In this very moment, it all got back to her. Her father, sitting in the car, kissing her. Who was his student. Well, at least he seemed uncomfortable. 

He should be. 

"Uh... Um, Aria, this is, uh, Meredith Sorenson. She also teaches in the department, uh, my department." 

Okay. So not his student. Anymore. 

"And this is Aria, my daughter." 

Who caught me cheating and therefore knows exactly who you are. Which is also the reason I don't get a single sentence out straight. Not because I'm in any way attracted to you, Aria completed Byron's train of thoughts. At least she hoped he didn't like her like that. 

"Oh, Aria. Hi. Of course you are", Meredith said in a way to happy and high pitched voice. 

If she wasn't as overflowing with different emotions, she would undoubtedly have rolled her eyes. Meanwhile, Meredith turned her attention back to Aria's dad. 

"Did you get my message?" 

They were messaging? 

"Yes I did, and I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back." 

So they were calling each other, too. She tried to tune them out. She had heard enough. Right at this moment, she would gladly hand them over to 'A'. They did deserve it. At least more than she did. 

But then she remembered the repercussions that would have. Still, it was her or her dad. And right now, the odds were not in his favor. 

"This town must seem a little dull after spending a whole year overseas", Meredith's voice bore in her head. 

What was it with her that Aria just couldn't tune her out? 

"Not really", she mumbled. 

"Okay, well, I'll, uh... I'll send that before lunch", her dad stuttered. 

"Thanks. I'm so glad I ran into you. Nice to meet you", she said towards Aria. "Welcome home." 

Not so much. Meredith was finally leaving and Aria signed. 

"Why can't she graduate?", she wondered aloud, more than talking to anyone. 

"She has. I told you." 

Leave it to Byron to answer a rhetorical question, not even meant for him to hear. 

"She's now a teaching assistant. Not mine, but her office is across the hall. I can't pretend like she doesn't exist." 

You can't or you won't? As in it would look bad with you colleagues who don't know shit, or as in you don't want to because you like she obviously still likes you? Or because you actually do still like he, despite what you say. Aria couldn't help her thoughts. 

"It's a small college", her dad said. 

"Mm... not small enough", she muttered. 

That closed the conversation and she turned her attention back to her book, trying not to think about what had just occurred, and as some time later Ella came back, saying there unfortunately was no more of the poppy seed left, and complaining about her coffee gotten cold, she and her husband settled to small talk, never even mentioning Meredith. 

Aria knew because she was eavesdropping. At least, her excuse of reading worked this time and her parents didn't try to engage talking to her at all. That however, left her thoughts way too much space to roam.

A/N: I have officially abandoned this story. This is what I had still written and I'm sorry, but there will be no more. I have moved on from the show, and it's been so long that I watched it that I just can't really identify with the characters anymore. I cannot bring myself to write this anymore, at just doesn't come naturally. I have to force every word, and I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to be. I have actually started writing some other stories, but until they are finished I will not post them anywhere, just because I don't want them to end up like this one. If any of you out there want to adopt it, feel free. Please tell me if you do, though, so I can read what you have turned it into. :)