3 - The It Crowd

Clarey

"I hate Math," I said, slamming my locker door shut. Trish scowled at me. "Don't look at me like that. Math is hard."

She slanted me with a tired look. "No, it's not."

"Not if you're a Math whiz," I groaned, pressing my forehead against my locker. The cold metal eased a bit of the pain from my throbbing head. "What is up with Mr. Greene giving us a whole book of Math problems, anyway?" I sighed in frustration. "He's trying to torture us, I swear."

Trish gave a low chuckle as she tucked the rest of her textbooks inside her locker. "It's pretty easy. Don't worry, we'll study together. I'll help you out."

"Thanks, Trish." I placed an arm around her as we passed by a couple of cheerleaders leaning against their lockers. The smell of heavy perfumes mixed in with cigarette smoke and hair spray permeated the air. It's pretty much the same thing every day at Bonita Verde high school. One of the girls gave us a dirty look.

Okay, just because you put an arm around your best friend, everyone thinks you're a damn lesbian. Masiela, the head cheerleader, was one of Bonita Verde's member of the it crowd. Tall, dark, and hot. Most of the guys in the jocks department lust after her. She has long, dark, wavy hair and a body to die for. It was such a pity at one time I wanted so much to be like her. Well, I used to anyway. Although I really had no idea why I wanted so much to be like her in the first place since she was BV high's Queen bitch. I guess it's because we're human. We always want what we don't have.

I heard her cough at the same time saying the word lesbo. Her posse started laughing along with her. Boy, was I pissed. Time to inject some sense into this person.

I stopped in front of her, crossing my arms against my chest. My eyes turned into a pair of angry slits. Trish sensed what was about to go down. She grabbed my arm but I shook it away.

"You have something to say to me, Rodriguez?" I snapped.

She simply grinned devilishly at me, lifting her perfectly French manicured nails and pretended to inspect them like how she always does whenever there was a confrontation involving her. I'm sick of her bullying all the weak kids at school. I'm going to give her a piece of my mind.

"Oh, it's nothing," she said sweetly. "I was just thinking this school is too good for a person like you. Oh, wait, let me rephrase that. You're actually a disgrace to this school."

My blood had finally reached its boiling point right after she said it. I was seriously ready to pounce on her. No holding back this time.

"Take that back," I said each word slowly in my deepest voice, hoping she'd step back with her tail between her legs. "I said—"

I was about to hit her when someone grabbed my arm.

"Evan?" I tried shaking his hand off. "Let go of me!"

"Break it up, break it up. Cat fights over. Nothing to see here, guys." Evan waved at all the students away that were watching our little show that was nearby the principal's office. Yeah, the Principal's office. How cool was that? To add more to my misery, Lance, who was Evan's best friend, started laughing hysterically like a freakin' Hyena.

The idiot. Why the hell did he come back here again?

Masiela glared at me then muttered "Fuh-reak" before she went on her way. I also saw her wink at Evan, and I swear, I wanted to pull her ponytail if I ever had the chance.

"You're such a tomboy, CJ." Evan chuckled while he adjusted the sling of his backpack on his shoulder.

My lips curled in disgust. "Please don't call me by that name."