Unmissable (A Connor Franta Fan Fiction)

"So, do you want to get a burger or something for lunch at the snack stand?" Connor asks me as we get out of the car.

"Sure!" I tell him. We both walk only a few yards to the snack stand and order two bacon cheeseburgers. Don't judge me.

After we eat, we decide to go wade in the water. The ocean off of the California coast is absolutely great compared to the Lake Winnebago water back in Wisconsin. I'm so glad I made the move with Anne.

"Wow, the water is amazing here! I'm so glad I moved!" I mention to Connor, hoping to turn it into some kind of conversation.

I guess it kind of worked.

"Oh, really? Where are you from?" He asks me.

"Wisconsin."

"Oh wow. I lived in Minnesota pretty much my whole life, and I just moved here. Hey, we've kind of lived by each other! So, I wanna know about you. What's your family like?" Connor says to me. No guy's ever been this interested in me before.

"Well, I'm an only child, and I have a cat back home named Kitty, a Saint Bernard who's also living back home named Frannie. And then Laila who you've met before." I babble.

"Favorite color?"

"Blue. How about you?"

"Orange or Blue or Gray. Either one." And we make small talk like this for a while- maybe a good 15 minutes- and then he asks me this unexpected question.

"Last relationship you've been in?" He looks me in the eye. His bright green eyes make me melt on the inside, and I get this lump in my throat that leaves me speechless.

"EMMA!!!! Oh my goodness I can't believe you're here too!" I flip my head around to see my old friend, Katie, standing before me. She pulls me into a hug and when she releases, gives me the brightest and happiest smile she can muster. I squeal, making Connor put his fingers in his ears for a second before pulling them out and laughing.

"Katie, oh my God I've missed you so much since high school! Oh, and this is my friend, Connor." Katie squeals, causing both Connor and I to cover our ears and smirk at each other.

"O. M. G. You're THE Connor Franta! Emma, you're boyfriends THE Connor Franta! You two make such an adorable couple!"

"Oh, no, we're not boyfriend and girlfriend. Just hanging out." Connor assures her. Katie shoots me a "OH, YEAH, OH-KAY I BELIEVE YOU 100 PERCENT" sarcastic look paired with a smirk. I just roll my eyes and someone unfamiliar swims over to us.

"Oh! Connor, Emma, this is my boyfriend, Hunter. Hunter, this Emma and her 'friend' Connor." I shoot her daggers as she puts her hands up in defense. I just chuckle as a response.

We all swim together for a few hours, talking and stuff, until Katie has to leave to babysit her cousin. We exchange numbers and hug each other for a long time. And when I let go she whispers in my ear, "Hope everything'll go well with you and Connor." I wish her the same for her and Hunter. We grin and wave goodbye. Then, Connor and Hunter do that man-bro hug where they like high-five into a handshake and then slap-hug pat on the back thing or whatever. Katie and I both roll our eyes and smile at each other for one last time before Hunter walks her to the car. He puts his arm around her and she rests her head on him. I can't help but smile and be completely jealous of how in love they are.

"AAWWWWWWWWWWWWW" Connor gushes and I burst out laughing as I playfully punch his arm.

"Hey, you wanna go get some ice cream? My treat since you bought lunch today." I say to him.

"No, I'll pay. I want you to have fun and not have to worry about money tonight. I want to be a gentleman." I don't bother fighting with him because this date's going really well, and after all, he is being a gentleman. The thought of him possibly really liking me makes me really happy.

"K, fine. Can I have a small blue moon waffle cone?"

"Okay I'll go order. Just wait here." 2 minutes later, he comes back with my ice cream cone and his. He ordered a medium regular mint chocolate chip cone.

"Here you are, m'lady." Connor bows to me and hands. my ice cream.

"Why, thank you, kind sir."I curtsy and giggle and he starts to laugh. We go back out in the sand and go for a walk.

"Thank you, Connor. I really had a great time today." I begin.

"I did too. I really like you, Emma." Oh my God I can't freaking breathe right now!

"I like you too. A lot. We should hang out again sometime."

"Actually, that's what I've been meaning to talk to you about...... Would you wanna maybe, go on a second date with me?"

"Absolutely! But don't tell me where we're going. I want it to be a surprise, okay?" I tell him.

"Okay, fine." We walk for a long time until it gets dark.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, this is my building." Connor nods as he pulls into the driveway and stops the engine.

I open the passenger door, and Connor pipes up. "Emma, I really, really like you, and I hope we can hang out a lot. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7:00." Okay, not exactly romantic, but we're not even together, so I didn't really expect it to be. But, it's a start.

"Okay, see you then." I say and I look back up at him one more time, and his eyes get me every damn time!

I smile as I grab my bag and shut the door. He waves to me and grins as he pulls out of the driveway.

---------------------------------------------------------

"And there's the girl I've been looking for! Sooooo, how was your date? Are you in llloooovvveeee yet?" Anne asks me when I walk. through the door.

"I really, really, really like Connor. He said the same thing to me, too. So we're going out again tomorrow at 7:00. You okay being here by yourself again?"

"Oh I'm so alone!!" Anne replies sarcastically. "But, no, I'll be fine, I'm doing something tomorrow anyways. Okay, well I'm going to go to bed now. Nightie night!" She gets up to give me a hug and heads to the guest bedroom.

I quickly change into my pj's and get ready for bed. After I'm done, I head back into the living room and plop down on the green, L-shaped couch. I turn on WeTv and start to watch Bridezillas, when I see Anne's cell phone laying next to me and I can't resist playing with it. I know it's rude and kind of an invasion of privacy, (for a girl, it's almost reading another persons diary bad) reading through her text messages.

I see a whole 30-40 text coversation with Sam, so obviously I have to snoop.

OH MY GOD THEY'VE GOTTEN TO THE POINT WHERE EMOTICONS HAVE BEEN USED! Well, it's not my love life, so I guess I should have no part in this. Oh I bet Anne's going out on a date with Sam tomorrow!! I check the time and it reads 9:45. I decide to go to bed.

I walk into my room and close the door. I check my cell phone. Seeing no new messages, I can set my alarm right away for 8:00 a.m. and crawl into bed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I made a long chapter that took me like two freaking hours and now it's 11:40 p.m. I even ran through it to make sure there were no errors this time because I freaking love you guys. Inside joke! (if you guys have seen Connor Franta's last our2ndlife video you'd know what I'm talking about.) Vote, and comment! Don't forget to follow me cause if you follow me I'll follow you as soon as I can!!! xx

-

ilovetoread3456