Chapter 72

It was a Saturday morning in late February, almost six thirty in the morning. I had been up on and off the whole night, now having been laying awake constantly for well over an hour, trying so hard to get back to sleep but not succeeding. Instead I was clock watching, watching each minute tick by, closing my eyes for what felt like half an hour only to see it had been five minutes. I was too excited to sleep. I'd always struggled to sleep in situations like these; if I knew something was happening the next day I'd be awake the whole night, excited or not. Harry had been sound asleep next to me since his head hit the pillow at around eleven. It'd been a couple of months since he stayed at my house for the first time, and somehow I'd managed to convince Niall and my mother to be okay with him sleeping in my room.

In three minutes my alarm would go off and then we'd get up and start getting ready to leave for the airport. Usually I'd be grumpy because I hadn't slept and was tired, but at times like these it didn't matter that I'd had around four hours sleep, because we were going to New York. I only wished I could've slept more so that it would appear as though time had gone quicker. I just couldn't wait.

Never in my life had I been so happy to hear that god awful marimba sound. I let it play for a couple of seconds until I was sure it'd woken Harry up. Once I'd silenced the alarm, I rolled over to him with a huge grin on my face, snaking my arm under his and around his waist and pressing my cheek to the back of his bare shoulder.

"Time to get up," I beamed, squeezing his middle.

I was wide awake and ready to go. Harry, on the other hand, laced his fingers in mine, sighed sleepily through his nose and kept his eyes shut with a pouty expression.

"Come on, Harry. We're going to America! In half an hour!"

"Mhm," was all I got in response. Unsurprising, as Harry was not the kind of person to get up before the sun.

I untangled our fingers and grabbed his cheek in-between my thumb and forefinger and pinched his skin, but he ignored me. I huffed and sat up slightly, leaning over him and smoothing my palm over his chest innocently as an attempt to get my own way.

"Come onnnnnn," I whined pleadingly, my hand flat and moving down his navel.

"Bit lower," he murmured, and he smirked at me with his eyes still closed when I grumbled and slapped his arm.

"Get up," I finally demanded, "Or I'm going without you."

I climbed out of bed and put on my fluffy dressing gown, traipsing downstairs to get a bite to eat before we left. When I was putting cereal into a bowl my mum came in and stuck the kettle on.

"Excited?" she smiled, her back to the counter next to me as she crossed her arms and waited for the water to boil.

"So excited!"

"Is Harry up?"

"Not quite. He better be when I go back up there."

She chuckled, "He'll be ready. He's put too much time and energy into planning this trip to let it slip now."

After eating my breakfast in silence I took two mugs of tea back upstairs to my bedroom. Harry was perched on the edge of my bed scrolling through his phone with a pained expression on his face when I walked through the door, clearly not enjoying being awake this early. I handed him his tea which he gladly took from me, and I went into the bathroom to get myself ready whilst mine cooled.

By the time I was done and had packed the remainder of my toiletries into my case, Harry was fully clothed with his suitcase all zipped up and ready to leave. If only all I had to do was pull on some jeans and brush my teeth to get ready in the mornings...