Samjhawan Unplugged Launch and Talking Films

So, I don't know about all of the radio show promos and all that, so I'm going to skip to the promos I have watched. I'm going off dates that I have seen on YouTube so I apologise if the dates are incorrect.

Varun P.O.V
I don't remember the last time I was this excited. I'm fairly certain that I wasn't this excited even before Student released.
Why am I so excited?
Because, today we are finally launching Samjhawan Unplugged. I have been waiting for today since we recorded the song. I'm probably more excited about it then Alia is. She keeps telling me to calm down, but I can't help it. I've always loved her singing, and now the whole world will actually be able to hear it. I just hope the rain doesn't get in the way of the launch.
'Varun!' Shashank called, knocking on the door. 'Hurry up or we'll be late.'
'Just a minute. I'm coming.' I told him. I pulled my jacket on, took one last look in the mirror and left.

When I got to the car, I found out that I wasn't more excited than Alia. She was literally bouncing in her seat.
'Guess what!' She said, beaming.
'Teapot' I said.
'Very funny. But, no.'
'I didn't think so. Tell me what's got you so excited then.'
'Papa just called. He said he's coming to the launch!'
'That's awesome!' I told her. It really was awesome, and a big deal for Alia. Her dad had never come to any of our events.
'We know it's awesome, but it won't be awesome if we're late. Both of you calm down so we can get going.' Shashank told us. We both settled down and I pulled my seat belt on. Shashank put the radio on as we started driving.

Alia P.O.V
Despite the rain, we managed to get there relatively on time. There weren't a lot of media people there yet, so we hung about for a bit until we decided that we had to start. Varun told me to go stand behind the screens and he went to do his host thing.
I stood to the side, laughing as he and Shashank sang.
After about five minutes he called me up and I walked over.
'Where are you going?' I asked as he moved away from the front.
'I'm just sitting over here.' He told me, gesturing to an empty chair.
'No. Sit here.' I said, glaring slightly. He laughed and sat down.
Once we were both sat comfortably, I waited for him to say something. When he didn't say anything I looked at him. 'Say something.'
'You say.' He's a useless host.
'First I want to say that I'm not singing this with any background music so nobody can say that it's been auto tuned and all that.' I said, making everyone laugh. I laughed slightly, nerves evaporating. 'I'm dedicating this song to Varun.' I said, looking at him.
'You're saying this in front of your dad?' He asked, blushing slightly. It was the perfect chance, but I didn't take it.
'Papa cool hai.' He looked a little disappointed, but I don't think anyone else could see it. I had been so focused on his reaction that I hadn't noticed I was supposed to be singing. He gave me a look to tell me to start singing so I did.
I couldn't help but look at him as I sang.
Once I finished the song, we listened to the actual recorded song and then we took media questions. None of the questions I had expected came up, except for when Papa would direct me in a film. After about half an hour, we were reminded of the time. We still had to do the photoshoot thing and we had to go meet Faridoon for talking films in an hour.

Somehow we managed to wrap everything up in 20 minutes and we were in the car again.
'Alia, you had the chance to say something back there. Why didn't you?' Varun asked.
'Varun, how many people are actual going to see the launch? I don't want just a few people to know.'
'So you haven't changed your mind then?'
'No! If I could I would tell the whole world right now.' He smiled at me and gave me a one-armed hug.

***

I got the perfect chance when in the Talking Films interview. And I took it. We were talking about 'houses' except the conversation had nothing to do with houses.
I actually didn't realise what I was saying when I said it.
'Do you want big or small? Because if you want small I can't sit here. I'll have to go and sit somewhere else.' Varun said.
'What are we talking about?' I asked.
'Real estate.' Faridoon said
'But your house is relatively small.' I said, confused.
'My house?' Varun asked. Faridoon looked between us.
'Sorry, I'm still not used to saying our house.' I told him.
'Alia, his house is pretty big.' Faridoon said. He paused for a minute before he apparently realised what I had said. 'Wait, your house?' Me and Varun looked at each other. We had a silent conversation that ended up with me having to explain what I had just said.
'Yeah. Varun just bought a house.'
'Okay, but you said your house. As in the both of you.'
'Actually, Faridoon, Alia is moving in with me.' Varun said.
'What, like roommates?'
'Not exactly.' I said.
'Then?' I gave Varun a pleading look. I wasn't sure I could explain without tripping over my words. Thankfully, he decided he would explain.
'It's more like we're going to love together after we get married.' He said, casually. It seemed to take a minute for the information to process.
'You're getting married?' Faridoon asked. I nodded. 'Wow. I didn't see that one coming.' Varun laughed a bit at his shock. Due to his incredible professionalism, Faridoon quickly got the conversation back on track. 'You still haven't answered the question. Big house or small house?'
'I think a small house that delivers.'

***

There were no more surprises for anyone in that interview. Until the day it finally all came out.
When we watched it, we were the ones that got the surprise. Faridoon decided to cut out that part.
'Why would he cut that part? You would think he would keep it!' I groaned.
'I know! Now we have to find another way.' Varun whined.
'Why is this so damn difficult?' I asked. Apparently Varun didn't have an answer. We were both quiet for a minute before he spoke.
'You know what? We're doing Koffee with Karan tomorrow. If we say something on there, he definitely won't cut it.' Varun said.
'True. So, one of us will definitely say something tomorrow?'
'Yeah. But for now, let's watch the rest of this. I want to see what we said.' I nodded and he hit the play button.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting

A/N guys I'm sorry if this isn't great, but I'm not well and I needed to get something up this weekend. I felt like I would be letting you guys down if I didn't. And Samjhawan Unplugged reached 50M views so I thought this would be a great chapter to put up this weekend. Hopefully my next one will be better.
See you next weekend.