Anxious

So I know I promised Varia fluff, and there will be some, but I decided to split the chapter into two parts, both of which I hope to post this weekend. So the fluff will be mainly in the next chapter. Also, I decided to skip the rest of the filming.

Varun P.O.V
It had been four months since I had decided I was going to propose to Alia, and I still hadn't asked her. I know, I know. Four months is a long time. It's not like I wasn't prepared or anything. I had bought the ring, asked her parents permission(What? So I'm a little old fashioned!) And told my parents, well, asked for their blessing. When had I done all this? About two days after I had made my decision. Again, I know! But it's not like proposing is easy. I mean, yes, I've proposed to someone before, but she wasn't Alia. This has to be perfect, it has to be a proposal that fits with us. I had had a whole bunch of ideas, but none of them were good enough. There was the cliché ring in desert trick, or the have her accidentally find it thing, but I hated those ideas. I mean, if I put the ring in her food, she could not find it and then choke on it and that would be bad. At this point, I am completely out of ideas. See, the thing is, Alia would love a filmi proposal, but I don't know how to do that. And I don't know how long I have to figure this out. Today's the last day of filming and then it's three months until promos start. It's not like we're not going to see each other in those three months, but... I don't know. We've been together for eight months. And it may seem like I'm rushing things a bit, but I know this is completely right. I want to marry Alia. And hopefully she wants to marry me. There's only one way to find that out.
....
'I'm an idiot!' Did I say that out loud? Huh. That's new. I don't really think out loud. Anyway, the reason for me being an idiot? I'm looking for a filmi way to propose and who is the person I don't think to ask? The person who is brilliant at all things filmi? Karan! I seriously need to go find him.

Just as I got up to go find him, Alia walks into the room. Now how do I try to avoid saying what I'm going to do? It's not like I just randomly decide to talk to Karan on a regular basis.

Alia P.O.V
When I heard Varun say he's an idiot, I decided to go see if he's alright. I'm actually really worried about him. He's been acting kind of weird recently. He tends to get lost in his own thoughts more than usual, and he's been thinking out loud. I don't know what he's thinking about, but he often says things like 'No, that won't work.' Or 'that could end pretty badly.' I talked to my sister about it a couple of days ago, but all she said was that it'll all make sense soon enough. Obviously she knows what's going on.

When I got into the room, Varun had just shot up from the bed.

'Hi.' I said, kind of nervous for some reason.

'Hi.' He was smiling at me. But it wasn't his usual lopsided grin. It was like he was nervous as well.

'Uh, I heard you call yourself an idiot, so I thought I should check and see that you didn't hurt yourself or something...' I said, looking him over to double check that he wasn't hurt.
He laughed.

'No, I'm fine. Well, I was...' Wait. Did that mean he was fine until I came in?

'Oh. If you want, I can, uh, I can go.' I said, half gesturing behind me. He looked confused for a second before it clicked with him.

'No! No, I didn't mean, it's not like, no, I just meant.' Aww, he's so cute when he stumbles over his words. He sighed. 'No, Alia, I meant that I was fine and I am fine, but, it's just that you seem like you aren't fine and your standing all the way over there and your acting kinda nervous and...' That's when I realised that we were literally on opposite sides of the room.

'Oh. Right, I thought you meant...' I didn't need to tell him, he already knew what I thought. He shook his head and smiled at me again, his proper smile this time. He came towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

'Alu, I will never, never ever say that I'm not alright when your in the same room as me.' He said. How does he always know what to say to make my heart melt. Unfortunately, or possibly fortunately, I didn't get the chance to ask him. Before I could get words out, he leaned down and kissed me. So yeah, definitely fortunately. What was unfortunate was that he pulled away way too quickly.

'Varun, don't do that.' I whined. He laughed at me, but pulled away.

'I'm sorry. I would've enjoyed going where that was heading, but I seriously have to go right now.'

'Where do you have to be? It's the last day of filming. Surely, if we had to be on set, the both of us would have to go?'

'No. I, uh, I have to go speak to Karan about something.' He was avoiding looking at me.

'What do you have to speak to him about?'

'I can't say.'

'Okay...' I looked at him for a moment. 'Varun, you know that I love you, right?'

'Of course I do, Alu. And you know that I love you, too, right?'

'Yeah.'

'Alia, is everything okay? Are you okay?' Oh God, I think I scared him.

'Yes, everything's fine. I'm just being stupid. Go find Karan and have your guys only conversation. I'll see you on set later.' I told him. He smiled, obviously relieved. He leaned down and kissed me again before walking out the door. Once he was gone, I dropped onto the bed, trying not to cry. There is only one reason I can think of for Varun behaving this way, and I really hope I am wrong. I tried to push the thought aside but I still couldn't help but ask myself.

Is Varun going to break up with me?

A/N: Soooo.... Alia's got everything all wrong and Varun is going to go have a chat with Karan. What do you think will happen next? Will Varun set things straight? Or will I decide to be evil and drag things out another few chapters?

I might.

Just kidding! That would be torture to both me and you guys!

I know I don't usually do this, but I just want to say thanks to all you guys that vote and comment. Especially those of you who vote for or comment on most chapters. Seriously, it's a wonderful feeling to get feedback on chapters. It makes me more motivated to write.
Anyway, see you soon. ☺