Reunion

Hi. So, I know I said weekend updates and this is like there third update during this week, but I have a concrete plan of what I want in the weekend chapter and that can't happen until I have all these chapters written. Last night, I realised I completely forgot to put in Shaheen, so this is to fix that. It continues on the same day as the last chapter.

Alia P.O.V
Me and Varun were mucking about in my room when my phone rang. It seems to be doing a lot of that nowadays. And I seem to have picked up the bad habit of picking up without checking who's calling. I told Varun to shut up and I answered the phone.
'Hello.'
'Is Miss Alia Bhatt there?' Came a sort of familiar voice. It sounded like whoever it was was putting on an accent, though, so I didn't recognise the voice.
'This is she.' I said, putting on my professional voice.
'Ha, I know. You may have forgotten me, but I didn't forget you.' Came the reply. Without the accent, I easily recognised the voice.
'Shaheen?! Oh my God!'
'So you do know who I am. What did you delete my number?'
'No. I picked up without checking who was calling.'
'Bad habit.' She scolded. I could almost see the look she would give me. She would shake her head and give me this fake look of disappointment.
'I know, it's not my fault. I picked it up from my-' I cut myself off when I realised I had been about to say fiancé. I hadn't told Shaheen I was with anyone, let alone engaged. She had gone on a world tour and I hadn't seen her in almost a year. I had spoken to her, but I wanted to tell her in person.
'Your what?' She asked.
'My friend.' I said. Varun looked like he was going to say something, but I shot him a look that clearly said 'Don't you dare.'
'Okay...' I could tell Shaheen knew I was lying, but I couldn't tell her on the phone.
'Anyway, forget about my bad habits. When are you coming home?'
'Why? Surely you can't miss me that much? You hardly call.'
'Arre, you know how much time filming takes. But, either way your right, I don't miss you,' I joked. I heard her laugh. 'I've got something to tell you and I'm not telling you on the phone, so when are you coming back?'
'That's why I'm calling. I'm at Mumbai Airport.'
'Seriously? You're here? Why didn't you tell us you were coming back?!' I asked.
'I wanted to give you a surprise. I was going to get a taxi home and give you a real surprise but apparently there is a taxi shortage in Mumbai.' She said, very annoyed.
'I know. It's ridiculous. Do you want me to come pick you up?'
'If you aren't too busy.' She joked.
'Never. Okay. We'll be there in twenty minutes.'
'We?' She asked. I could kick myself right now. Varun was laughing at me now.
'Uh, yeah. Me and my car!'
'Okay.... sure. I'll see you then.' She said, hanging up. I turned to Varun to see he was still laughing. I slapped him on the arm.
'It's not funny! She's going to kill the both of us, not just me! Were engaged and she doesn't even know we're together!' I told him.
'Calm down, Alu. It'll be fine. Now come on. You said twenty minutes.' He said, getting up and pulling me up. I let him lead me downstairs. I heard him tell my parents that we were going out for a bit and we should be back in an hour before he led me out the door to the car. I was kind of in my own world, thinking about how u was supposed to tell my sister that I'm engaged. I know I had already told the rest of my family and my friends, but that had been in groups.
'Alia. Stop worrying. She won't be mad.' Varun told me after a while. I broke out of my thoughts and turned to him.
'I know. But...'
'Alia, if you're like this when we get to the airport, she'll be worried. You've got ten minutes to cheer up.' He said.
'You're right.' I said, switching the music on. Of course, the first song to come on was Ishq Wala Love. We looked at each other, smiling. Varun started to sing along. I laughed before joining in.

Ten minutes later we were pulling up in the airport car park. I texted Shaheen to ask her where she was. It took her half a minute to reply.
'She's waiting at baggage claim, come on.' I told Varun, getting out of the car. We headed towards arrivals. As we got closer, I started to get nervous again. Varun took a hold of my hand and smiled at me.
'It'll be fine.' He said,stopping in front of the doors. I nodded and we headed in.