Varun Dhawan ki Dulhania

Just to let you know, I may put a bit of Gujarati in this. Those of you who have read Continuing will know that I'm Gujarati and when I feel the dialogue doesn't flow well in English, I write in Gujarati. Also as Alia is part Gujarati, I figured she would know some and for some bizarre reason, in my brain Karan speaks Gujarati as well. And Varun asked Alia to teach him because, no matter how much she told him otherwise, he was convinced Karan was talking about him whenever they spoke Gujarati and because maybe he just wanted to spend a little more time with Alia. So she taught him and it annoyed Karan because now he can't make Varun all paranoid.

Alia P.O.V
Things were pretty normal for a couple of days. Varun was the same as ever; he hadn't changed the way he acted with me. It had been two days since she had come to the set and I hadn't seen her once. Until today. It had started like every other day, I had woken up, got ready, gone down to the hotel lobby to.find Varun waiting for me and we had gone to set together. The same routine we had followed for two weeks. Neither of us had said a word about Karan's teasing - which had continued over the past two days - or the whole jealous thing, or the fact that his fiancé was here. Natasha hadn't been spoken about since the day she came, although nobody but me and Varun knew she was here. We talked about things that probably didn't matter during the hour drive to location. Things were no different on set. We shot our parts and when we weren't in front of the camera, we were together. And, yes, we still lacked understanding on the concept of personal space. I knew that I needed to put some distance between us, but I felt better next to Varun. So I didn't say anything. It was all perfectly fine until lunch. We had just finished shooting the last scene we had scheduled for the morning when she came. From the look on his face, Varun hadn't known she would be coming. Still, he went over to her. Of course he did, she is his fiancé. It's not like I cared. Who am I kidding? Yes I did care! But I decided I would act like it didn't bother me. I turned my back to them and walked over to where the food table had been set up.

For some unknown reason, my appetite seemed to have disappeared. I stood with everyone by the food, but I didn't pick anything up. I tried to get into the conversation, but my eyes kept wondering over to Varun. He was talking and laughing with Natasha. I tried to stop the upset that was building, but I couldn't, and I couldn't manage to look away. Apparently I was being a bit obvious in my staring. Karan made his way over to me, eyes heading in the same direction as mine.
'Oh, looks like Varun Dhawan Ki Dulhania has come to the give some competition to Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania.' He said, obviously teasing. It still pissed me off.
'Just shut up, Karan. There's no competition.' I snapped at him. He was rather taken aback by my response.
'OK. Sorry.' He looked around to find a change of subject. 'Tune kawu nati?'(Don't you want to eat?) He asked, seeing I didn't have a plate.
'Na.'(no) I told him, trying to look anywhere but at Varun.
'Kaink toh kayle. Huji 5 kalak shooting bakhi che.' (Eat something. There's still 5 hours of shooting left.) He said, trying to persuade me.
'I'm not hungry.' I said, sulking slightly.
'Alia, humara te kiddu ke tu breakfast ne kadi. Ne huve to kayche ke bukh nut laygi. Sachine ke mane.' (You just said you didn't have breakfast and now you're saying you're not hungry. Tell me truthfully.)
'Karan, mane kawu nati, OK?!' I snapped storming off. Why couldn't he just leave it alone. I walked over to this set of stairs away from the set the set. Only me and Varun came over this way. Everybody else generally stuck to the actual set, but we liked to explore. I sank onto one of the steps, not really feeling the cold of the concrete. I was too busy with my thoughts.

Karan P.O.V
I hadn't realised that Alia was in such a bad mood. I knew that she would get annoyed with me for teasing her, but I hadn't expected her to snap at me like that. By this point, I was fairly certain that Alia was in love with Varun. I didn't know about Varun, but I did know that Alia would not get that pissed off about a joke unless there was some truth to it. I had tried to change the subject but I think I had just made things worse. She had snapped at me again about not wanting to eat and stormed of. I couldn't see her anywhere on set and I wasn't sure where else to look. I also didn't want to go near an angry Alia. Of course, Varun would know where she was and be able to calm her down, but I wasn't sure I wanted to interrupt his time with Natasha. I figured I would wait a few minutes and see if I had just not seen Alia and she was still around somewhere. After about five minutes, it became clear that she wasn't on the actual set. With a sigh, I headed towards him. For the first time, I was thankful that Alia had taught Varun Gujarati. Natasha didn't know Gujarati and I had a feeling she wouldn't be too thrilled about the fact that Varun needed to go find Alia. Natasha wasn't particularly fond of Alia and Alia didn't like Natasha much either, although she never showed it.

Varun P.O.V

When I saw Karan coming over to us, my immediate thought was lunch is over and I need to get back to set. Then I saw the look on his face and I knew that wasn't it at all. Then he spoke to me in Gujarati and I was very sure that it had nothing to do with the filming schedule. Karan never spoke to me in Gujarati.

'Varun, ek minute ayow tho.' (Come here for a minute.) he called, standing a little away from us. That's when I realised that whatever he wanted to say was something he didn't want to say in front of Natasha. I looked at her and saw she was kinda confused. It clicked that she didn't know Gujarati.

'Kem? Su tyu?'(Why? What happened?) I called back.

'Tu ayow toh hu kow.' (You come here then I'll tell you.) I sighed and got up.

'Natasha, I'll be back in a minute, I'll just go see what Karan wants,' I told her, already walking towards Karan before she could answer. Before I could ask Karan what was wrong, he began talking.

'Hu Alia ne kaink kiddu ne ee bagigay, ne mane kabab nati ke ee kyang gay.' (I said something to Alia and she ran off and I don't know where she went.) he said. I was simultaneously filled with the desire to hit Karan, ask what he meant (how do you lose a person?) and run off to find Alia.

'What do you mean tune kabar anti ee kyang gay?' I almost screamed.

'Mane lage che ke ee mood ma nati. Hu kali kiddu ke ene kaink kawa capse ne ee kiddu ke ene kawu nati ne bagigay.'(I think she's in a bad mood. I just said she needs to eat something and she said she didn't want to and stormed off.) I could tell he wasn't telling me the whole story but I let it go.

'Bullshit, ene kawu nati. Ume hamra 7 kalak vaste film kari ne pachi 5 kalak vaste karwani cho.' (We just filmed for seven hours and we're going to be flying for another 5) I ran a hand through my hair. 'Hu ene gotwa jowchu. Let me just tell Natasha to go back to the hotel.' (I'm going to find her.)

'Ok, Alia vaste Kawanu layja.'(take some food for Alia.) I just nodded and walked back over to Natasha.

'What did Karan want?' she asked.

'He lost Alia and she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday.'

'So why did he need to bother you?' Of course she would say that like Alia doesn't matter.

'First, he didn't bother me, second, I need to go find her. You go back to the hotel.' I was being slightly impatient but I was worried about Alia. What if she had gotten hurt? She was always tripping over herself.

'Why do you need to find her? Surely someone else can do it.'

'I need to go find her because I know her better than anyone else and because I won't be able to sit still until I know she's alright.' Shit! I wasn't supposed to say that.

'Why is she so important? If it was me you wouldn't be this worried!' she screamed at me. To be honest, she was right.

'She's my best friend and I need to go find her and make sure she's alright.' I tried to avoid the question.

'First tell me why she's more important to you than I am!' I'm not sure why, but I just blurted out the truth. It's something that happens when I'm angry.

'Because I'm in love with her!' I could barely believe that I had said that. I would say I wish I could take it back, but I don't really.

'If you're in love with her, then we're done, Varun. I'll give you one chance to take it back.' Natasha said, voice low.

'Then we're done. I'm not taking it back.' I said, my chin lifting defiantly.

'Fine.' she said and she stalked off. I let out a breath. Okay, time to go find Alia.