The Date

Alia P.O.V
I woke up to my phone blasting Lucky Tu Lucky Me. No, it's not my alarm tone, it's my ring tone for Varun. I picked up the phone without opening my eyes.
'Hello.' I said. It was evident from my voice that I had just woken up.
'Alu, you're not up yet? I'm on the way to pick you up.'
'Varun it's early!' I whined. I opened my eyes to check the time. 'It's not even quarter to nine.'
'I know. But I promised you a day away from work and wedding plans and that's what you're getting. So get up, I'll be there in twenty minutes.' He hung up the phone without giving me a chance to answer. I got out of bed and went to get ready.

Fifteen minutes later I ran down the stairs.
'Someone's in a rush this morning. Where are you going?' Ma asked as I pulled my shoes on.
'I'm going out with Varun.' I told her, looking for my keys.
'Toh what's the rush?' Papa asked.
'He'll be here in two minutes.' I said, finding my keys and putting them in my bag.
'He can come inside, you know.' Papa said.
'I know. Later, maybe. Right now, we're going out and having a day away from films and wedding plans.' Before either of my parents could say anything, my phone rang.
'Hello.' I said, picking it up.
'I'm outside.' Varun told me.
'Give me a minute, I'm coming.' I told him, hanging up.
'Ma, Papa, I'm leaving. I'll see you this evening.' They waved as I walked out the door.

When I got outside, I saw Varun stood outside his car.
'Hi.' He said, giving me a quick hug.
'Hi.'
'You look amazing.' I blushed, still not used to him saying things like that.
'You're looking very nice as well.' I told him. He looked relaxed in jeans and a tight fit t-shirt.
'Thank you. Shall we get going?' I nodded and he opened the door for me. I sat in the car an he shut the door before rushing around to the driver's side. As soon as he sat down, I started asking him where we were going.
'So, where are we going?' I asked, trying to act like I wasn't bothered.
'You'll see.'
'But, Varun! I wanna know!' I whined.
'It's a half an hour drive. You'll see when we get there.' He said, smirking.
'Why are you so stubborn?!' I huffed.
'What are you acting like a two year old?' He asked, mimicking me. I turned away from him, sulking. He laughed. 'Alia, wait twenty minutes and you'll see. It's not like I'm going to blindfold you.' I still refused to talk to him. 'Fine, if I've really upset you that much, I guess you don't want to spend the day with me.'
'No, don't be stupid, of course I want to spend the day with you! You're right, I'm acting like a two year old. I didn't mean to upset you!' I told him, actually thinking that I had upset him.
'It's okay, I'm not upset. I just want this day to be perfect.' He told me, smiling. 'How about we put the music on? It'll take us four songs to get there. Okay?' I nodded and put the music on. It didn't surprise me to hear Ho Gaya Hai Tujkho coming from the C.D player. Nor did it surprise me when Varun started singing along.
'You're so filmi, you know that?' I asked him, laughing as he sang along. He knew every word.
'Like you aren't. You listen to all the filmi songs.' He said.
'I listen to the filmi songs, but you're a complete filmi hero.' I told him.
'But of course.' I laughed. 'I don't know what you're laughing at. You fell in love with this filmi hero.' He told me.
'Ha, I did. Toh?'
'I'm not complaining.'
'I should hope not. We might have a problem if you were.'
'Why?'
'Because, I don't know if you know this, but we're engaged.' I told him. We were both silent for a minute before I started laughing. I don't know why, but it took me a while to stop laughing. When I did finally stop laughing, the song had changed. I didn't recognise the song at first, mainly because it was just the music, but when I did recognise it, I couldn't help but smile. Neither of us said anything for the remaining fifteen minutes of the journey. Well... I sung, but that doesn't count.

Finally, after what felt like forever, we pulled up in a small car park. I had absolutely no idea where we were. I got out of the car and looked around curiously.
'Alia, do you want to stand here all day, or do you want to see what we came here to see?' Varun asked. I stopped looking around.
'What did we come here to see?' It didn't look like there was much to see here. The car park was surrounded by trees and there were no other cars.
'You see that gap in the trees over there?' Varun asked, pointing to a spot directly in front of us. I nodded. 'If we go through there and follow the path, there is the most amazing thing. It's... I can't describe it. You'll have to see it.'
'Okay, let's go then.' I started to walk towards the gap but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.
'Where do you think you're going?'
'I want to see this amazing sight.'
'The path is really twisty and very narrow, you can't just go walking off by yourself.'
'A twisty, narrow path? Is that a good idea?' I have balance issues on straight ground and he wants me to walk on what looks to be a dirt path that twists? I was about to ask him if he was insane, but before I could, he came in front of me, crouching slightly.
'Climb on.' He said. When I didn't he looked over his shoulder at me. 'Alia, this is your safest option. Come on.' I had to agree with him. So I climbed on and he started walking.