The Fun Part

I meant to write this yesterday, but didn't get the time so I'm breaking my weekend update pattern to write it today instead.

Alia P.O.V
What the hell us that buzzing noise? Seriously, it's annoying! I'm trying to sleep. Ignoring the buzzing, I rolled over and buried my head in Varun's chest. Yes, I did just say Varun. And, no, we did not do what you're probably thinking! Get your minds out of the gutter people!
Oh, thank God! That noise stopped. I can go back to sleep.
Ugh, no! It's started again! I groaned and tried to tunnel under the blanket. I heard Varun laugh when that failed.
'Alia, wake up. Your phone's going.' He said. So that's what the buzzing is! I'm still not getting up. 'Do you want me to get it?' Varun asked. I nodded into his chest and I heard him laugh again before he reached over to pick up the phone. I figured that since I was awake now, I might as well listen to the conversation. 'Hello.' Varun said. I couldn't really hear the other side of the conversation, but from Varun's response I could guess that it was Karan on the other end. 'No, seriously, we were sleeping, just sleeping.' You may be wondering why that would make me say it's Karan who called. The answer to that is because Karan likes to make assumptions. And his mind spends a lot of time in the gutter. 'No, I completely forgot! We'll be down in like 10 minutes.' Varun said, hanging up he phone. 'Alia, you need to get up. We have to be at the airport in an hour.' Varun said, already shifting to get out of bed. It took my sleepy brain a minute to process that, but when it did, I shot up.
'Airport? In an hour? Why didn't they wake us up?' I exclaimed, throwing the blanket off of me and getting up.
'They did, neither of us answered the phone.'
'Ugh. How could I forget that we have to be at the airport?!' I was seriously stressing. I had about 10 minutes to make sure I had all my stuff packed and get ready.
'Alia, calm down.' Varun said, pulling a shirt on. 'Get ready, I'll double check that everything's packed and we'll go down.' I did as he said, going over to my suitcase to pull out a pair of clothes.
'Wait, don't you need to go check your stuff's packed?' I asked.
'I did it last night.' That's when I noticed that Varun wasn't wearing the same clothes from last night. He was wearing the same jeans but where did he get that shirt? Before I could ask him, he answered my question.
'You said you'd give this shirt back, by the way.' He said, gesturing to the short he was wearing. Oh yeah. I'd borrowed that shirt from him a few days ago. I must've just chucked it on the top of my suitcase.
'Right. Sorry. I meant to, but I forgot.'
'Mmhmm, sure. Anyway, are you ready?'
'Yeah.'
'Got your phone?' He asked. I double checked my pockets to make sure.
'Yep.'
'Then let's go.' He said, grabbing my hand and leading the way out of the door.

When we got downstairs, the only person still there was Karan, and he looked mad.
'Where the hell have you two been? We only have half an hour to get to the airport!' He said. Me and Varun looked at each other, kind of scared. Karan is a bit scary when he's pissed off.
'Karan, I'm really sorry. I just forgot.' Varun said, fidgeting nervously. Karan looked at the both of us and laughed.
'Guys, I was just messing about. I'm not really mad. Chill.' He said.
'Right. Sure. Do us a favour and don't do that again. You're scary when you're angry.' I said.
'Okay. I won't. Now come on or we will miss the plane.' He told us, walking out if the hotel. He led the way to the car that was waiting for us.

Once we were all sat in the car and the driver had started driving, Karan turned to Varun.
'So, did you go through with it, or did you chicken out?' Karan asked. I looked at Varun, trying to figure out what Karan was talking about, but he looked as confused as me.
'Go through with what?' He asked.
'Arre, we spent like two hours planning yesterday and you forgot.' Karan said.
'Ohhh. Yeah I asked.' Varun said.
'Asked what?' I asked, still confused.
'Alia, have you seriously forgotten already?' Varun asked.
'Forgotten what?' He shook his head and leaned forward to whisper something in my ear.
'Alia, I don't know if you know this, but we kind of got engaged last night.' He said.
'Oh, right, yeah! Of course I didn't forget. But you two were being all cryptic. How was I supposed to know what you were talking about?' I defended myself. Varun laughed and put his arm around me.
'So? What did you say?' Karan asked, acting a bit like a kid on Christmas.
'No.' I told him, completely straight-faced.
'Seriously? You said no! Are you insane?' It's so much fun to freak Karan out. Varun was having trouble not laughing.
'No I'm not insane. We're still young. And we've not been together that long.' Varun turned away from Karan and attempted to hide his face.
'Toh? It's obvious you two are mad about each other.' I'm not sure how I wasn't laughing by now. 'Varun, how are you not upset?' Karan asked.
'He understands. We've talked about it.' Karan just sat there, shocked. He opened his mouth to say something a couple of times but apparently couldnt find the words. We sat there like that for about five minutes before Varun laughed. That was the breaking point. I started laughing.
'What is there to laugh about?' Karan said, looking at us like he was worried for our mental health.
'You actually believed her?' Varun asked.
'What?'
'You seriously think I would say no? I may be a bit crazy but I wouldn't say no.' I said, still laughing.
'Tu chenne. I actually thought you said no.' (You...) Karan said.
'That just means I'm good at what I do.' I told him. He looked like he wanted to say something but before he could, the car came to a stop at the airport. Instead of saying anything, Karan opened the door and got out.
'I think he's mad at us.' Varun said as we got out.
'Oops.'
'That was brilliant.'
'Thank you. Now come one, let's get inside. We have a plane to catch.'