Chapter Thirteen

🔺Mara's Dress

*Travis*

  Slowly making my way through the house I listened for any noises. Hearing muffled voices I slowly peek around the corner and see and the back of Jay. Mara's eyes widen a little when she saw me and I nodded my head a little before slowly making my way up behind them.

*Mara*

  "Why do you want me dead?" I asked keeping Jay distracted, "I didn't kill Dante, I wasn't anywhere near him."

  "You helped get him killed," Jay growled throwing his hands up. "So you got hi..."

  "Move and I blow your head off," Travis said shoving his gun into the back of Jay's head. "Mara, you alright?"

  "I'm ok," I breathed relieved.

  "Let's go," Travis growled shoving Jay forward, and I followed behind slowly.

  "MARA!" Zane yelled when we walked out of the house. "Thank god your ok."

  "I'm fine," I smiled before he grabbed me in a hug. "Can't...Breathe."

  "Sorry," he mumbled stepping back.

  "Mattie are you ok?" I asked when I saw him sitting on the back of one of the trucks.

  "Yep," he chuckled. "I've had worse."

  "I'm sorry," I mumbled and he punched my shoulder.

  "Shut up," he grumbled. "This wasn't your fa..."

  "GUN!" Eddie yelled and I jerked my head around to see Jay pointing a gun at Travis.

  "NO!" I yelled when a gun went off, but was really confused when Jay hit the ground.

  "I hate it when people mess with my family," Kane growled walking around a house. "You boys alright?"

  "Good," everyone said and I tackled Travis in a hug.

  "I thought I'd lost you," I mumbled into his chest.

  "Nope," he chuckled pulling my chin up and kissing me. "But if you ever leave me again I will tie you to my hip and you will never leave my sight again."

  "Sounds fine with me," I said pulling his head back down and kissing then someone coughed.

  "Fuck off Eddie," Travis muttered grabbing my hand and dragging me to his truck.

*Travis*

  "Travis," Mara yelled and I looked up from the car I was working on.

  "Yeah," I smiled up at her.

  "Kylie was wondering if we wanted to go to the town dance tonight," she said hopping up on one of the barrels that wasn't covered in grease.

  "You wanna go?" I asked wiping my hands off.

  "I had fun at the last one," she shrugged. "But I'll have to go buy a dress."

  "Go," I chuckled. "And be carful."

  "I will," she said kissing my cheek. I'm gonna ride with Kylie so be there by six."

  "Alright," I yelled as she walked off. "Love you Rissa."

  "Love you back,"

   Couple hours later I glanced up at the clock and had a mini heart attack, "Shit I'm late." Rushing to  my apartment I got changed and headed to my appointment.

*Mara*

  "I like this one," Kylie said and I wrinkled my nose.

  "Really?" I asked, "Its yellow."

  "Fine," she huffed. "Well what do you see that you like?"

  "I haven't found anything yet," I sighed looking through another rack. "Nothing is popping out."

  "What about this one?" the sales lady says and I glance over and freeze.

  "That's the one," Kylie laughs. After paying we head back to her house.

  "How Casey?" I asked while I was fixing my makeup.

  "She's good," Kylie said sitting down on the bed. "Last time I talked to her she was about ready to rip Zach's head off."

  "Where are they at?" I asked curious, "Can I do your makeup?"

  "Montana, I think." she shrugged, "Sure."

  "I bet they'll end up together," I laughed grabbing what I needed.

  "So do I, but Zane thinks otherwise."

  "Kylie Mara, are you girls ready?" Zane said walking into the bedroom just as I finished Kylie's makeup.

  "Yep," I smile before Kylie hugs me tight.

  "Your really good at doing makeup." she smiles walking behind Zane.

  "I had a lot of practice when I was in high school," I shrugged climbing in the back.

  "Really?"

  "Yeah," I smiled softly at Kyler. "I had to hide the bruises somehow."

  "That had to suck," Kylie mumbled while Zane grabbed Kyler and his bag.

  "It wasn't all that bad. I took the beatings to protect my brother."

  "Yeah well,"

  "Do you know what your having?" I asked changing the subject.

  "Twin girls," she says excitedly. "Zane passed out when the doctor told us, which was pretty funny."

  "Meanie," Zane grumbled parking and getting out.

  "You did it when you found out about Dani," I said and walked off.

*Travis*

  "Dude calm down," Daniel said as we pulled up to the community center. "She'll love it."

  "I hope so," I mumbled looking around the building until I spotted Mara.

  "Dude close your mouth before you start catching flies," Daniel said walking off.