Chapter Twelve

🔺Old House

*Mara*

  "Mattie," I groaned. "I swear if you ask me one more time why I ran and who brought me here I will stab you with a knife."

  "Kylie's better at threatening," Mathew said staring at me while I made us some lunch. "When are you planning on going back?"

  "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD," I yelled. "Soon, ok. Now you've officially annoyed me, fix your own damn lunch."

   "Meanie," Mattie huffed.

  "Idiot," I grumbled slamming the bedroom door shut.

"Travis," I answered going through my bag for a fresh set of clothes.

"Not quite, Marissa."

"Jay," I gasped. "What did you do to Travis?"

"Nothing yet," he said chuckling. "You have an hour to show up here, or your boyfriend gets a bullet to the head."

  "Shit," I yelled. "MATTIE!"

  "What," he yelled walking into the bedroom. "Jesus woman put some clothes on."

  "Can you track Travis's phone?" I asked grabbing a pair of jeans and a black tank top.

  "Yeah, why?" he asked curious.

  "Just do it," I growled stalking to the bathroom.

  "Got it," he smiled at me showing me his tablet. "Zane's property over by the creek. Wonder why he's there?"

  "The old house," I mumbled grabbing my keys and running to Mattie's jeep.

  "Hey," Mattie yells jumping in right as I hit the gas. "Whats with you?"

  "Jay has Travis," I said speeding up. "And if I don't get there Travis is going to die."

   "Pickle," Mattie says pulling his phone out. "Ed, he has Travis...Zane's land...By the creek...Yeah...Ok...See you there."

  "We'll be there before them," I said driving through the gate.

  "What's your plan?" Mattie asked holding onto the dashboard.

  "I don't know," I grumbled slamming on the brakes and Mattie yelps smacking his head on the windshield. "Sorry."

  "I'm good," he groaned rubbing his forehead.

  "We need to...TRAVIS!" I yelled when I saw him bound and gagged on the ground a few feet away from his truck. Running over to him I pull the gag out of his mouth and start untying his hands.

  "Mara," he groaned. "What are you doing here?"

  "I'm not going to let you die because I'm a coward." I said hugging him.

  "How touching," I heard a click of a gun before I was jerked backwards into a chest and something cold and hard pressed into my temple.

  "Let her go," Travis growled standing up.

  "No," Jay laughed. "Maybe you should worry about your friend." Jay jerked me around and I saw Mattie unconscious in front of his jeep.

  "Drop the gun," and new voice said. "No one has to die today."

*Travis*

  "She has to die," he said pressing the gun harder into her head. "She doesn't deserve to live after the way Dante died."

  "But the gun down," Eddie tried to reason holding his hand up. "We can talk about this."

  "Hell no," he growled backing up shoving Mara into the old building and following behind her.

  Before I could go after them Eddie and Zane grabbed my arms. "Let go of me."

  "And let you get yourself killed," Eddie sighed. "Travis, we'll save her."

  "The only way out of that house is the front door," Zane said letting go. "And its about to collapse in on itself, so going in there you have to be careful."

  "I'm not losing her again," I said and shoved Eddie off me running in the house.