Chapter 27- The Doctor

Chapter 27-The Doctor

Abbie sighed and looked at Angela. They had been driving for a while, and she was beginning to feel restless. She wanted to take out her phone and call Andy again, but she knew she couldn’t. She also knew that she wouldn’t have it for very much longer, and she definitely didn’t want the soldiers to find it. She heard the truck screech to a stop and looked at Angela.

“We’re going to die, aren’t we?” Abbie sighed. Angela shook her head and pulled the young girl close to her.

“No. We’re Black Army girls. I told you, we’re strong and we’ll get through this. I promise,” she said, offering the girl a small smile as the doors were opened to reveal a muddy, gritty-looking camp that seemed even worse than the last one.

“Out!” the general ordered them. Abbie looked around. When she was sure no one was looking, she through her phone into the road. Angela looked at her and nodded in approval. They got out and were marched down a muddy path. The sky was dark with clouds. Abbie figured it would rain soon.

They were marched into the biggest building there, which also seemed to be the one in the worst condition, and the two girls were lined up. Abbie looked around nervously. The camp was heavily guarded- much more than the last one.

“Strip,” the general said. Abbie looked at Angela, who stared back at her.

“Strip!” this time the general shouted. Abbie and Angela quickly slid off their shirts and pulled down their pants, leaving them standing only in their bras and underwear in front of the soldiers’ peering, greedy eyes.

“All the way,” he smirked. Abbie and Angela did what they were told, unhooking their bra straps and sliding them off. They removed their underwear and stood there, covering their privates as best they could.

“Arms down!” he barked.  Abbie closed her eyes and put her arms down. She heard some of the soldiers hooting and howling at them. Some even clapped and cheered the general on. He circled around the two young girls, grinning at their pale, skinny bodies. He stopped in front of Abbie and stared at her breasts. He grabbed on in his hand and squeezed it once, then let go. Abbie looked up and tried to avoid all of them. She thought of Andy and Ashley, laughing and joking around about how she’d have guys all over her when she was older. She knew this wasn’t what they meant.

Finally, the girls were marched down a hall and into two separate rooms. Abbie was ordered onto a cold exam table and left alone in what seemed to be an examination room. She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them to her body to keep warm and cover her private parts. The door opened and a woman dressed in a white coat and black pants entered the room. Her brown hair fell to her shoulders and framed her face with straight bangs. She smiled at the small girl.

“Hi sweetie,” she greeted. Abbie pulled her legs in tighter and watched the woman with terrified blue eyes as she gathered supplies from various draws and cabinets. “Alright, honey, I’m going to need you to put your legs down and sit up, ok?” she asked. Abbie didn’t respond. The woman put her hand on Abbie’s elbow and smiled, looking her right in the eyes.

“Please, Abbie, I need to take a look at your health and make sure you’re ok. If you aren’t, you could get hurt or even die,” she said, her voice soft and kind. Abbie slowly lowered her arms and legs. “See? It’s not so bad. I promise no men will come it while I’m examining you,” she added. Abbie shivered as the woman went over to the counter and picked up a clip board and pen.

“How old are you?” she asked.

“Thirteen,” Abbie whispered, her voice cracking. The woman nodded and wrote something down on her clip board.

“Ok I’m going to need you to stand up so I can measure and weigh you,” the doctor instructed. Abbie cautiously slid off of the table and followed her to a weird-looking contraption in the corner. It had three bars with numbers on it and a weight on each bar attached to an arm that protruded from a square base. The woman told Abbie to step onto the platform, which wobbled slightly when she did, and pulled a metal bar up and onto Abbie’s head. She stood extremely still as the woman scribbled something onto her clipboard. She put the metal bar down and moved the weights on one of the bars until it was completely level. She nodded and told Abbie to get back onto the table, which she gladly did. The woman picked up a navy blue vinyl cuff with a tube connected to a black balloon-like object and placed it around Abbie’s arm. Her heart raced and she stared at the machine as the woman squeezed the balloon and it started to put pressure on her arm.

“Relax, I’m only taking your blood pressure,” the woman cooed, but Abbie couldn’t relax. She started to hyperventilate, and found it getting harder and harder to breath. The woman quickly took off the cuff and ran her gloved hands through her hair. She took off what looked like ear buds from around her neck that was connected to a small, circular metal disc and put the ear buds in her ears. She held up the metal disc and walked closer to Abbie, placing the cold metal on her chest. Abbie screamed and pushed the woman away. She jumped off of the table and ran into a corner of the room, her back facing the rest of the room. She pulled her knees up to her chest and squeezed her eyes shut, rocking back and forth slowly. Abbie heard the woman walk over to the door and say, “Please bring in two assistants. I’m having trouble with a difficult patient.” Abbie shivered and pushed herself deeper into the corner. The door swung open and Abbie felt two sets of rough, strong hands pull her out of the corner and place her onto the table. They held her down as the woman placed the cold metal disc onto her chest and moved it around. Abbie’s heart raced, but that didn’t seem to bother the woman that was listening to it.

“Flip her around,” she said, nodding towards the two muscular men. They nodded and turned Abbie so she was on her back and held her squirming arms and legs down. The cold metal was placed on her back and moved around in different areas. Once the doctor was done one of the men took hold of the poor girl’s butt and pinched it. She yelped and broke free of the other’s hold. She pulled her knees up to her chest again and looked at the two men, both of them had crooked smirks on their faces. They held Abbie’s arms as the woman stuck a needle into her skin and sucked up enough blood to fill the vile. Abbie felt light headed and nauseous, ignoring the slight pain the needle had given her. She desperately wanted to lay down, but the men’s strong grips kept her in place. She could barely keep her eyes open.

“Ok, put her on her back again,” the woman said. The two men obeyed. Abbie closed her eyes. She didn’t care that one man was holding down her arms and the other was holding her legs- she was just glad to rest. The woman began feeling Abbie’s body, checking the strength of her muscles, stomach, and checked her eyes, ears, mouth, and nose.

“She’s a cutie,” the man holding her arms remarked. The other nodded.

“Too bad she’s leaving tomorrow. I would’ve loved to have a little fun with her,” he smirked. Abbie tried to wiggle free, but the men’s strength over powered hers once again.

“Shut up,” the woman said angrily, “she’s right here an her ears are extremely sensitive. She can hear everything you say! Besides, she isn’t a sex toy.” The men looked at each other and shrugged.

“Doesn’t matter much. It’s not like she won’t hear plenty of it throughout the rest of ‘er life,” the one holding her legs said. The woman sighed and shook her head.

“Just get out and let her rest. She leaves for the camps tomorrow and has to get up early for prepping,” the woman said, following the two out of the room and locking it behind her. Abbie curled up into a ball on the table and tried her best not to cry. She wanted to leave desperately, but she knew she’d never be able to take all the guards at once. She buried her face in her arms and did her best to muffle her sobbing. She couldn’t let them know she was crying. She needed to show them that she was still as strong and tough as she had been when she defeated the Wretcheds. She needed F.E.A.R. to fear her.