Chapter 22- Interrogation

The officer led Abbie down several long, plain hallways until they came to a red door. He opened it and pushed Abbie in. She stumbled a little, and he uncuffed her, motioning for her to sit in a chair in front of a table that faced a wall with a large mirror and two other chairs on the opposite side of the table. Everything in the room, including the table, chairs, and inside of the door, was gray. Abbie cautiously sat down and looked around. The door to the room slammed shut with the officer on the other side of it, leaving her completely alone. Since the only sound in the room was of Abbie’s quiet, calm-sounding (though she was the exact opposite on the inside) breathing, she was able to hear muffled whispers on the other side of the mirror. She smiled slightly and squinted, combing her hand through her hair to make it look like she was making sure she looked ok. Just as she suspected, it was one-way glass.

“How predictable,” she breathed, smirking to herself. The whispering stopped and two people walked in. The first was a woman wearing a burgundy red suit and had shiney, brown hair that fell just below her chin. Bangs hung just over her deep brown eyes and her lips were stained with bright red lipstick that made them pop. The man also had brown hair, which was cropped short and slicked back. He wore a white shirt and red and yellow stripped tie, and tan dress pants. They both flashed her cheesy, fake smiles and sat down across from her.

“Hi sweetie,” the woman said. Abbie just looked at the woman who looked right back at her, expecting a reply.

“Right, so, we just want to talk to you, get to know you. Can you tell us your name?” the man asked. Abbie nodded.

“Abbie,” she said hoarsely.

“And you’re last one?” the woman asked, scribbling something down.

“Biersack.”

“Great, Abbie. How old are you?”

“Thirteen.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“December 30th.”

“And what grade are you in sweetheart?” the man asked, rubbing his chin. Abbie paused for a second.

“I don’t have one. I’m homeschooled,” she explained carefully. The man and woman looked at each other before continuing.

“And who’s your dad?” Abbie smiled slightly.

“Andy Biersack, singer of Black Veil Brides,” she said, wondering what the guys were doing.

“And you’re mother?” the woman asked. Abbie’s small smile disappeared and she looked at the table.

“I don’t know,” she whispered. The two looked at each other again and nodded.

“Do you know why you’re here?” the man asked, growing more serious. Abbie shook her head.

“Last time I checked I’ve never done anything illegal,” she said, her tone changing slightly to match his.

“Ok. Is Andy your real dad?” he asked.

“Of course he is. I love him as a dad and he loves me as a daughter.”

“No, I mean is he your birth dad.”

“Obviously. If any of you have seen any of the videos of me on stage with him you’d know I’m not. Besides, he’s only nine years older than me.” The two nodded.

“On a scale of one to ten, how… responsible would you consider him?” the man asked, tapping a yellow notepad with his pen.

“What kind of question is that? Of course he is! I bet he’s sending people out all over the place searching for me because nobody told him where I am. Nobody knows where I am besides the people in this messed up prison! I didn’t even go through with normal procedures that the other prisoners went through! I haven’t even been here for a full day! Maybe you can’t tell me what I did wrong or why I’m here, maybe even the people behind that window can’t!” the two looked at each other alarmingly. No one had ever called out people behind the mirror before. They both looked at it, but all they could see was their own reflections along with the rather angry girl’s. “I don’t even care what happens to me, just make sure Andy, Jinxx, Jake, Sammi, Ella, Ashley and CC, hell, even Lauren, know that I’m safe and well!” she stood up and started breathing heavily, looking past the two and straight at the mirror. She didn’t see herself. She saw the people staring back at her. They tilted their heads and rubbed their chins thoughtfully. The two looked at each other again, then rushed out of the room. There was a muffled conversation on the other side of the glass, arguing, then a final nod, signaling the girl’s fate. It the small whisper seemed to repeat itself down the hall and out onto the streets until everyone in the entire world seemed to know what was to become of the tiny girl.

“Bring her to Control.”