Chapter 8- Party Animals

At the party, Abbie clung to Andy the whole time. The only people she knew there were the guys, Sammi, and Juliet, and she was too shy to talk to anyone else. She sighed and fidgeted with the skirt of her blue party dress that had a black under skirt and ruffles peaking out over the top. Andy was busy talking and laughing with his friends, and she felt a little out of place.

“Abbie!” Jake exclaimed a little ways away from her. She perked up and looked over at him. He was sitting on one of the white couches at the venue, his arm around a girl. He smiled and waved her over. She glanced at Andy, who didn’t seem to notice Jake, then shrugged and half-walked half-skipped over to the two.

“Abbie, this is my girlfriend, Ella. Ella, this is Andy’s adopted daughter, Abbie,” he introduced. Abbie looked at Ella. She was stunning. Her long, thick brown hair fell to the middle of her stomach. Her slim figure and long legs made the simple black dress she was wearing look elegant and regal, and her defined facial features looked gorgeous.

“Nice to meet you,” she said in an accent Abbie couldn’t quite place, but had heard before and flashing the young girl a pearly white smile.

“Same to you,” Abbie grinned.

“Ella, here, rides horses,” Jake added. Ella nodded in agreement.

“I love ‘em to death! Do you ride?” she added.

Abbie looked from Jake to Ella and cracked up laughing, but when she saw the confused expression on their faces, she said, “Wait, you were serious?” Ella furrowed her brow and nodded.

“Oh, well, no, I don’t ride, but I do love horses a lot. Some people even say I’m part horse!” Abbie giggled, looking at Jake.

“Uh-huh,” Ella said, looking from Abbie to Jake, who just shrugged. “Well, maybe I can take you out for a hack sometime!”

“That sounds like an interesting experience,” Abbie said thoughtfully, thinking about how nice it would be to interact with other horses.

“There you are!” Andy exclaimed from behind Abbie, making her jump. She turned around and smiled at Andy, but her smile disappeared when she saw Danny next to him.

“Hello there, Abbie,” Danny greeted her.

“H-Hi there,” Abbie replied cautiously, looking up at Andy.

“Andy said that you can sing,” Danny slurred, leaning on Andy. It took her a minute to figure out that he was drunk. Abbie glared at Andy.

“It might’ve come up briefly,” he replied with a smile.

“Briefly? You’ve been on and on about it all night!” Danny shouted. Abbie’s face turned bright pink.

“I… uh… I’m just going to go away now,” she said nervously, backing away from the group.

“Oh, c’mon! Don’t be shy!” Ashley grinned as she bumped into him.

“That’s exactly what I plan to be,” she said firmly, walking around him and weaving between the large group of people. Ashley, Andy, and Danny tried to run after her, but she soon lost them in the crowd and made her way into her room. She closed the door and flicked on the light, sitting on her bed and rubbing her forehead.

“Hey Abbie!” Jinxx smiled. He and Sammi were sitting on her chairs, observing the busy L.A. street below.

“Hi Jinxxy!” she exclaimed. “What are you guys doing here?” she added as an afterthought.

“We wanted to get away from the crowd. Sorry we had to use your room. Juliet was in her and Andy’s,” Sammi explained. Abbie nodded.

“I completely understand. I’m in here hiding from Danny, Ashley, and Andy,” she sighed.

“What did they do this time?” Sammi asked, motioning for Abbie to come sit on her lap.

“They want me to sing.”

“Are you really that shy?” Jinxx asked. Abbie nodded.

“Don’t feel bad. A lot of people get stage fright,” Sammi encouraged.

“Yeah! And we’ll make sure you aren’t by the end of Warped Tour!” Jinxx added. Abbie stared at him wearily. Sammi shot him an annoyed look.

“I mean… uh,” Jinxx started. He was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

“Abbie! Come out come out where ever you are!” Ashley exclaimed. Abbie looked from Sammi to Jinxx. Sammi pointed to the bed. She nodded and slid under it. She just barely fit, but she managed to slide into the safest place just as she heard Jinxx and Sammi climb onto the bed.

“Come on, Abbie. We’ll break down the door,” Ashley threatened.

“We’re kinda busy right now!” Jinxx shouted, faking an annoyed tone.

“Oh, sorry dude!” Ashley said, clearing his throat. Abbie heard him walk away from the door. She pulled herself out from under the bed to see Jinxx laying on Sammi. They looked at her and smiled.

“Having fun?” she asked.

Jinxx looked from Sammi to Abbie. “Uh… yeah.”

“You can get off me now,” Sammi said.

“Uh… right. Yeah,” Jinxx breathed, lifting himself off Sammi and walking back over to the chair he had been sitting in before. Sammi laughed and sat back down with Abbie on her lap.

They spent the rest of the night watching TV and hiding out from Danny, Andy, and Ashley, until Sammi told Abbie to go to bed. She obeyed and fell fast asleep, relieved that she managed to go without having to sing in front of a room full of strangers.