Chapter 12: Jordan's POV

BEEP! BEEP! BE-!

I turn my alarm off as I slug out of bed. It is 4am but sadly, I am still exhausted. An image of Rodney pushing me against the wall last night pops into my head. That wakes me right up.

I smile at the memory of last night. The wonderful first meet of family to family. The heated kiss. I hop to the bathroom to shower before school. In the shower, I sing Un-thinkable (I'm ready) by Alicia keys. 5 minutes later, I am out the shower and have already brushed my teeth. I have my outfit picked out and my books already packed.

By 6:30am, I am prepared and fully dressed along with my sister. She comes into my room and we talk about last night until it is time to go.

"So Kingston?" she asks and I immediately laugh.

"Yeah, I think he really likes you" I say wiggling my eyebrows.

She laughs and says, "well he better stop liking me. I am happy with Joe."

"Whatever" I say as I roll my eyes. For the rest of the time, we sing, dance, and laugh until it is finally time to go.

It is 7:20am when we arrive at school and head towards the library. Halfway there, arms circle around my waist. I turn and smile already knowing it's Rodney.

"Good morning" I say before hugging him and pulling him to the library.

"Good morning beautiful" he says as he smiles and follows me to the library.

When we get to the library, my sister goes to her boyfriend, Joe, as Rodney and I sit at the farthest table away from everyone. As we sit, he intertwines our fingers as I look over my summer reading.

"Jordan" he calls softly. I smile before looking up and nodding for him to continue.

"Um..I know it is only the 4th day of school and all, but I really, really, REALLY like you" he says nervously. I am silent for a while from shock before I smile.

"I really like you too Rodney" I tell him and watch as his face lights up.

"REALLY?!" he whispers excitedly.

"Yes really" I laugh. He looks at me nervously for a moment before dropping a bombshell on me.

"Welll, will you be my g-girlfriend? He asks. I am silent again before I realize I am making him nervous.

"I-"