Chapter 8: Rodney'S POV

I'm sitting in my third block wondering how I got so lucky. To be honest, I was really excited to start fresh my Senior Year. I thought if no one knows me, I might as well stay that way. But then I met her.

Jordan is unlike any girl that I have ever met. She is beautiful, smart, confident, strong, funny, and a little bit sassy which I love. I fell for her the first day I met her. I know it's only my third day at this school but I hope our friendship turns into something more.

"Rodney" I hear a faint voice call. I snap out of my day dream to see my teacher, Mrs. Price, and all the other students staring at me.

"Um..yes ma'am?" I ask cautiously.

"Can you tell me the square root of 256?" she asks me.

"16?" I say but it comes out more as a question.

"That's correct" she says. "Next time pay attention."
"Yes ma'am, sorry" I apologize as she resumes the lesson.

A few minutes later, the lunch bell rings and I rush out of the classroom. That was one of the most awkward moments ever. I head to the stairwell and wait for Jordan. When I see her, I cant help the smile that crosses my face. "God I want her" I whisper as she walks towards me.

"Hello handsome" she greets.

"Beautiful" I say causing her to laugh. I grab her hands and pull her to me. I hug her and kiss her cheek before I look in her eyes.

She smiles and then pulls away to lead us to the lunchroom. When we get there, John is already at the table. Today for lunch I brought another sub sandwich, a small roll of cookies, and a huge bottle of water.

"Hey" we greet John simultaneously causing her to giggle.

"Hey" he says back.

"So Jordan, Mia has been asking about you since Saturday and I was wondering if you could come over today?" I ask her praying that she says yes.

"I would love to come over, but I have to ask my mom." she says as a small smile creeps unto my face.

"Okay" I say before turning to John."You can come too if you want" I offer.

He just shakes his head no before replying, "nah, I'm good. You guys have fun." I just shrug at his passive manner before turning back to Jordan.

She is currently eating half of my lunch and I can't help but laugh at how adorable she looks.

"What?" she asks with an eyebrow raised.

I smile and answer, "oh nothing. I can see why Mia likes you."

She laughs and says, "are you sure Its just Mia who likes me?"

I smile playfully before responding, "Welll..I would be lying if I said yes sooo NO!" I yell as she burst into a fit of laughter.

Two minutes later, the bell rings to end lunch. John immediately gets up and leaves as Jordan and I throw our trash away. As I walk her to class, she questions me.

"Is he okay?"

I sigh, debating on whether or not to tell her the truth. I chose the truth.

"He is still a little bit jealous of me and you. I can understand though because you are an amazing woman." I tell her as we stop in front of her class.

She smiles and thanks me before giving me a hug. I grab her hand as she pulls away and kiss her cheek although I wish it was her lips.

"See you later beautiful" I say before turning and running to my own class. With one minute to spare, I make it to my class on time.

As the bell rings, I sit down with only one word running through my thoughts.

'Mine'