Chapter Twenty-Nine

Luke and Calum looked at each-other with wide eyes as many screams were heard. It was heart breaking to hear, it made their chests hurt. Calum quickly got off Luke and grabbed a t-shirt from one of Liam's drawers. He mentally apologised to him as he wiped himself and the blonde clean before pulling on their clothes. 

Of course they couldn't do anything though, as Liam had locked the door. So they sat on the bed, Luke holding Calum and trying to distract him from the noises by whispering about how pretty he looks. It worked for a while but gunshots were sounded and more screams were heard. Calum curled himself into a ball on Luke's lap. The latter didn't know what to do, he's used to the noises but Calum not so much.

Suddenly the door burst open revealing Liam who had blood streaked on his arms and t-shirt. He was breathing heavily as if he had just ran a marathon, and it looked like he wanted to speak but he couldn't. Another gunshot in the distance was heard and Liam quickly stepped inside the room and shut the door locking it. 

"Where are the rest?" Luke asked pulling Calum closer to him in a protective manner. 

"T-They." Liam took a deep breath in. "They're with N-Niall." The man cringed at Niall's name.

"What happened, something happened?!" The blonde tightened his grip around the small boy in his arms.

"I-I Z-Zayn, I tried to push him o-out of the w-way b-but." Liam stopped himself letting out a cry. "Zayn is d-dead."

Everyone stayed silent after that, the only thing you could hear was Liam letting out the occasionally cry and Calum sniffling. Luke stayed emotionless, he couldn't break down in front of Calum. He has to comfort his baby, not the other way around.

"What about Michael, Louis and Harry?" Calum asked breaking the silence.

"I-I don't know." Liam sighed looking at the pistol in his hands. "They ran off after Zayn got shot. Niall stayed by Zayn's side as he bled out. Whoever shot Zayn ran after Michael and the rest." 

"Well what are we doing sitting here?" Luke said making Calum stand up and he stood up with him. "We have to go find them and help them."

"Do you want to be shot and killed Luke?" Liam growled standing up too. "Do you want Calum to be shot?"

"If we stay in this room we're going to die anyway! Where are we going to get food, water or a bathroom? I don't see any of those things in here, if we don't leave we're going to either starve or die from dehydration." Luke scowled. 

Liam just sighed and played with the door keys. "Right fine, but don't blame me if precious Calum gets shot." He glowered unlocking the door. "Do you have a weapon?" He asked before opening the door.

"Yes." Luke said patting his stomach where he has a holster wrapped around his waist holding his revolver. Liam didn't bother asking Calum because he just knew he wouldn't have one.

"Right keep your weapon at the ready." He ordered Luke which the latter rolled his eyes to but didn't say anything.

The older man opened the door slowly looking left and right before exiting out the room with Luke and Calum on his tail. They carefully made their way down the corridor making sure to be as quiet as possible as they passed doors. Turning a corner Calum cringed as a body laid there in a pool of blood. Luke covered his eyes with his hand as they passed, he sometimes even regrets telling his dad he had a sort of crush on the boy.

They had encountered no one so far, but they thought that too soon. As they started to walk down yet again another corridor sobs could be heard from afar. The sobs got louder and louder until they turned a corner and Luke practically slapped his hand across Calum's eyes. There laid a very much dead Zayn with Niall at his side. Niall's face and eyes were red as gingerly touched Zayn's face, as if he was making sure he was indeed dead and not alive. 

The boy looked up and the sound of footsteps and tensed at seeing the boys. He didn't want them to see him like this so he curled up into a tight ball so his face was covered. Calum pulled Luke's fingers from his eyes, despite Luke's protests. He took one look at the scene and he already just wanted to pull his eyeballs out their sockets. Calum was more concerned about Niall though as he walked out of Luke's grip and crouched beside the grief-stricken boy.

Carefully putting an arm around Niall he pulled him into a hug which Niall gladly accepted. He buried himself into Calum's arms as the latter watched Liam silently pull Zayn's body away without Niall noticing. It was probably for the best anyway. 

After about half an hour of Calum sitting on the floor with Niall in his arms, they heard yells from a distance causing Liam to hurry them up. Liam quickly picked up Niall bridal style as the yells got closer, he would've made Luke carry the boy but he remembered his shot leg. 

Quickly hurrying down the corridors they bumped into a couple of people, who were shot by Luke. The blonde hated the fact he had to shoot them in front of Calum. He couldn't decipher what emotion the small boy was feeling right now, as surprisingly he stayed emotionless. 

Liam rushed into a random door and the boys followed and shut the door behind them. But they stopped short seeing that the room was already occupied. 

"Liam." A man said in a deep voice, who was very attractive. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Andy." Liam said with a smile making it's way onto his face.

A/N: Don't hate me ok

OK SHORT CHAPTER SORRY but I wanted to ask ask ask, do you want a character ask ask ask?

If so just put questions here idk

Calum:

Luke:

Niall:

Michael:

Liam:

Zayn (FROM THE DEAD.):

Louis:

Harry:

Mr Hemming's:

ME IDK:

Anyone I missed:

Oh and also, I posted another caaaaaake story. Go check that out if you want : )