Chapter Ten

The day after his birthday he sat in the room he's been in for over a week. The small room with four walls, a bathroom, no windows, a bed, a desk and a set of drawers. Also not forgetting Pengy the Penguin.

Sometimes Calum wonders how on earth these guys are actually in a gang. He's never had any proof they are apart from the day he was kidnapped by Zayn and Mr Hemming's. 

They all act like the average teenager, hormonal, hungry and hyper. 

Calum was still upset from yesterday, he missed his dad but he also didn't. It was his dad's fault he was in this place right?

That got Calum thinking, how does his dad have a connection with these guys?

Was his dad in a gang too?

No, No. Calum's dad could never..

But the more and more Calum thought about it, the more clear it got. 

All those times David had to go on business trips for up to a month, the time where Calum found stitches on his arm and he never explained how he needed them. 

The time Calum found a pistol with D.H engraved on it, David said it his father's, Calum's granddad.

But Calum's granddad's name is John.

How could he be so oblivious to all this? He never thought about it when his father sent him off to stay at Ashton's some weekends just for the fun of it. There had to be a reason right?

Why did David keep this a secret from Calum. Calum would understand. He wouldn't of questioned it.

Maybe he would've been scared at first, but he could've grown to the idea of his dad being in a gang.

Was his granddad in the gang too?

Did Ashton know? Who else know's?

Calum took all his frustration out on Luke's room, ending up with bruised and bloody knuckles. 

He sat on the bed panting looking at the mess he made.

Luke's posters were all ripped up and in a pile on the floor. 

Pengy was stuffed down the toilet in the adjoining bathroom. 

A dent in the wall from where Calum punched it, hence the bruised and bloody knuckles. 

Overall the room was a mess and so was he.

"Hey Cally I thought I'd come and-woah what happened here?" Liam asked eyes scanning the room.

Calum just stared at his stinging knuckles upset at himself.

"Oh jeez your knuckles, come on lets take you to the infirmary." Liam said shocked looking at Calum's knuckles.

Liam helped Calum up off the bed and put his arm around Calum's waist to support him. 

"Right lets go." He smiled at Calum only to receive a blank stare. 

"Right." Liam said awkwardly exiting out the room. 

They entered the big hall and yet again nobody was there. Maybe this place is bigger than Calum thought.

Both boys had managed to get across the hall until a voice stopped them.

"Liam what the fuck are you doing with Calum." Luke's voice boomed sending shivers down Calum's spine.

"He's hurt, I'm just helping him get to the infrimary where the nurse can clean him up." Liam replied coldly.

"Huh!? What how!? What's wrong?!" Luke's voice rushed sounding worried as Calum heard him run over to them.