Punches

One Week Later

*Bucky's P.O.V *

To say the least I've basically kept as much distance from Claire as I could possibly muster from myself. It's not easy but I'm doing it. Don't know if it's for my sake or hers.

If she'd just stop being so stubborn in the first place all of this could've been avoided and she'd be in my arms by now.

But even then she was always like this. Damn it, Barnes. You'll just have to be patient

This past week hasn't been so bad. I've been trying to focus more on my training than her. But it's pretty difficult when she's the one screamin' orders at you.
Every now and then she pays me compliments of "good job, Barnes" or somethin' along those lines. But she says that to everyone, so I ain't feeling to special.

But I have gotten better. I'm top of my group.

But does she notice. No

Simon does though. He said once that if I keep up the good work he'll talk to Phillips.

But right now I'm walking back to the recruit tent to relax for as long as I can.

Which is pretty much once in a blue moon around here

I walk in and a group of guys are sitting down laughing loudly.
I didn't care much for their conversation since I didn't really enjoy these men.

To sum it up these were the most disrespectful and crudest men if ever seen. If I listen to their conversations for too long it makes me want to punch every single one of them.

So I laid down on my bed and enjoyed doing simply nothing.

"... I swear if she wasn't so uptight I'd show her a real good time an-...."

Sadly I wasn't far enough from them.
That was Peters talkin'. He was probably talking about some dame back home or one of the admin gals.

".... due to the fact that she's our commanding officer, I'm sure as hell you ain't gettin' anywhere near her skirt."

This one was Carson. And I could hear a roar of laughter from the men in the group.

With each second my blood boiled as I realized who they were talking about.

Claire

I clenched my fists together and did the best I could to not listen in on their conversation. But my actions were in vain as I kept listening.

"By the end of this, boys, I'll be able to get her on her knees as qu-"

I couldn't listen anymore. I stood up from my bed and stomped my way over to them.

No one can talk about my gal that way!

"You better stop talking right now, Peters, before I make you," I threatened.
He smirked, "Oh c'mon Barnes. You should know as well as any one of us that she'd be a real trophy."
I tightened my jaw and held back my fist, "I told you to stop."

Carson laughed and I gave him a glare that shot bullets through him. He shut up. I felt on fire, and not in the good way.

Peters stood up in front of me. He was only slightly taller but I wasn't afraid.

My gal

"Or what?"

Oh buddy, wrong move.

I punched him straight in the jaw.