Cafe Confessions

few days Later

*Claire's P.O.V*

      Just because Steve and Bucky are my two best friends, doesn't mean that I can't hang out with some of my honorable gal pals.
      I was at a small cafe with my friends, Melanie and Vicky. They were always there when I needed help with any girl stuff. No offense, Bucky and Steve, but I can't exactly go up to you and ask you which is the best way to handle your cramps.
      So yeah, it's nice to have a couple girls around.

      The waitress came up to us, "What'll you three ladies have to order?" She took out a little notebook and a pen.

      "I'll have a chocolate milkshake, please," I replied sweetly. "Vanilla for me, thanks," said Vicky. "And I'll have the swirl," smiled Melanie.
      The waitress wrote everything down, smiled at us and left. Two seconds later she came back with our orders.

      "So," Vicky said taking a sip of her milkshake, "how's the summer version of hell on earth treating ya'll?"
      Melanie grabbed some of her puffy blonde hair with one hand, "It's horrible! The heat is making my hair frizz and puff and its uncontrollable!!!" Vicky and I both laughed and Melanie took an angry sip of her milkshake.

      "What about you, Claire?" Vicky asked. "If it weren't for the fans on the ceiling I'd have already melted!" I joked. We all laughed together.
      "But c'mon," said Melanie slyly, "I bet it's not all bad." She winked at me. What

      "I don't follow," I said. "Yeah, what do you mean?" Vicky also asked. Melanie chuckled, "Well, I'll bet my favorite summer dress that a certain Mr. Bucky Barnes has paraded around your house without his shirt on due to this oh so unfortunate heat." Vicky laughed so hard that some of her milkshake went into her nose.

      I felt my ears turn red a little. "Oh, shut up," I said angrily taking in a couple sips of my milkshake. Vicky composed herself, "But does he?" They both looked at me curiously.
      "Maybe once or twice," I said in a really low voice. They high-fived each other and laughed. I just stayed sitting down feeling the heat burn holes through my cheeks.

      "So how was the view?" Melanie asked me. I rolled my eyes in response but I felt my blush all around my face. Apparently, it was visible because they both laughed even harder.

      A few moments later I heard the door open due to the little bell attached. I was not on the side facing the door but Melanie and Vicky were and when they saw who went though the door their eyes went wide.
      They moved in closer to me and spoke in whispered tones. "Well, speak of the devil!" Vicky whispered, "talk about wishful thinking." They both laughed and I raised an eyebrow at them. Melanie motioned with her eyes to what they were talking about.

Of course they had to walk in

      And sure enough, it was Bucky and my brother who walked through the door. They both waved hi to me but then proceeded to sit in a booth a lot farther than where we were sitting.

      "Well," Vicky started, "if she wasn't blushin' before she sure as hell is now!" They all laughed and I just took another sip of my milkshake hoping it would take away the heat of my cheeks.

      "You know he's staring at you, right?" Melanie said. I gave her a puzzled look. "From the angle that Vicky and I are sitting, we have a clear view of his and your brothers table and from the obvious looks of it, he can't keep his eyes off you." Vicky aww'd and laughed.
      "It's probably because she's as red as a tomato and he's worried for her health," Vicky joked. I laughed sarcastically.

      "I'm serious!" Melanie said, "Everywhere you two are he looks at you like you're a precious diamond or something. He always try's to impress you and look!" She said motioning where he was, "He even followed you here! There are a million diners in Brooklyn and he decided to just casually walk into this one? No, honey, he's just trying to be near you."

      I rolled my eyes at them. "Look girls, I know you all think that but it's not like that at all. He sees he as a little sister and that's all it's ever gonna be. Him and Steve probably went to this diner thinking it would annoy me."

      They looked at me skeptically. "Whatever you say," said Vicky smiling at me. "But when you two get married I wanna be the bridesmaid." They all laughed except for me.

*Bucky's P.O.V*

      When we walked in Claire's friends were dying of laughter. Claire on the other hand looked like ... well... a tomato. She looked embarrassed at something and it made me want to go over there and comfort her.
      I don't think Steve thought much of it. When I told him about it he dismissed it as a 'girl thing that he doesn't wanna get involved in.'
      When she did look at us, I think it was my imagination, but she turned a couple shades of red darker. Steve and I waved at her, she waved back but continued her discussion with her friends.

      I was a little disappointed. Some part of me hoped that she would make her way here and spend the day with us. But I knew that she was with her friends but I wanted her all to myself.

Today is the day, Barnes. Steve has to know

      I couldn't wait anymore. I had to tell Steve how I felt about Claire. I wanted to be with her more than anything and I decided that I would tell him today. I pray that he doesn't hate me for this.

You can do this

     Steve and I were sitting in a booth still within view of Claire's but still pretty far. We just got our orders and we've been sitting in an awkward silence.

      Steve noticed, "Hey, Buck, everything okay?" I took a deep breath. "Steve," I started, "I gotta tell you something." He waited patiently. I took in another breath. You can do this, Barnes

      "Steve, you're my best friend. And I hope you don't hate me for saying this but I-" he cut me off.  "You like my sister, Claire. Don't you?" He said. I sat back surprised.

How did he know? I didn't tell him, did I?

      "Bucky, I've known for a while now," he said calmly, "it's pretty obvious." I blinked a couple of times. Wait, obvious? "Wait, does she know?" I asked frantically. Steve chuckled, "No she doesn't. Claire seems to be the only one who doesn't know you have a liking for her." He smiled at me.

      "So, you're not mad?" I asked. "Mad? Why would I be mad? I think it's great! You two are meant to be anyways." I felt relived when he said that and I smiled.

      "Should I tell her?" I asked Steve. "Of course. But not today. She's with her friends as you can see. But tomorrow you should."

     I beamed, "Tomorrow." It would feel like a million years until then but I'd wait for her.

      "Now Bucky, as her big brother I have to tell you that if you don't treat her right I'll kill you," Steve said. "I know you won't hurt her, though." He smiled and looked at his sister. I looked at her too. From the looks of it she still looked a little embarrassed but at least she was smiling this time.

      "Hey, you know what?" Steve said. "It looks like you stalked her to this diner."
      "I chose to go to this diner because it's cheap. Not because you're sister was coming here today," I defended. "Oh! So you knew she'd be here!" Steve laughed. "Ha ha ha, very funny, Rogers."

Tomorrow