Actually Here

Four Years Later

*Third Person P.O.V*

I'll keep the overview short as possible and summarize the last four years of Claire's life as best as I can.
Shortly after the bar incident, Phillips decided to take in the girl; with her permission of course. Over time he began to love Claire as a daughter.

Claire joined him all over the country to whichever army base he went. And with the country being involved in the Second World War he decided to teach Claire how to fend for herself. She learned how to use a gun and trained with recruits of her age.

Surprisingly enough, the small girl excelled in the army and became a United States Army agent.

*Claire's P.O.V*

Recruits. That was my objective for the time being. Train the recruits. With help of course.

I had done this countless of times before and I was no stranger to the sexist remarks of men for the first few days. After all, I was a woman and although I was highly respected by those who knew me it would be a while before the newbies caught on.
I took certain pride to know that that I was already an agent. That's pretty much as far as a woman can go in the army. And I accomplished it in less than four years. I had even gotten my own uniform.

After breakfast I walked over to Phillips tent where my orders were expected. When I got there I saw that Peggy Carter was already there.

Peggy Carter had become by best friend on and off the field. We had met when she was transferred over to the U.S. We became fast friends as expected since there were little women in our line of work. Not that we didn't have guy friends but it was nice to have at least one good source of estrogen around.

I smiled at Peggy and Phillips when I stepped closer to his desk.
"Oh good, Claire, you're here. These are the files on the new recruits that are gonna be comin' in shortly," Phillips said to me. He then turned to both of us, "You two are no stranger to this job so I won't remind you how to do it. Now go get everything ready for when they come. I'll have extra help meet you there shortly."
"Yes, sir," Peggs and I said in unison and we walked out of the tent together.

"I would be lying if I said that training the recruits wasn't tedious work," she told me in her thick accent. I laughed in agreement.
I looked around the camp and saw a truck come in with about twenty men spilling from inside.
"Looks like they're here," I said and she sighed.

"Well," I said to her with an idea in my head. "Why don't we make a game out of this?" She raised an eyebrow at me, "We are at war, Claire, in case you have forgotten. What kind of game could you possibly be thinking of."

I looked over to where the group of recruits were, "There seems to be about twenty guys comin' in from that truck." She nodded, "And?" "Why don't we divide the group into two and train them separately. I get ten; you get ten. And then we see who trained them better."

She looked at me skeptically and then rolled her eyes. "Oh, alright," she agreed, "but only because I know I'm gonna win." "You're on."

One Hour Later

The area that I had chosen was all cleared out and ready to be used for training. All I had to do was wait for Simon to get back with my ten men.

Simon Crawford was what I referred to as a moving brick. Not that he looked like one but he was most certainly as strong as a brick. He was a head taller than me and certainly much stronger but he had a good heart. Wasn't that bad of a looker either. We were good friends by now and with his help I'm sure that I could beat Peggy blindfolded.

Five minutes later I saw him leading my new men to where I was with him at the front calling out commands.
The men all stood in a line in front of me silently and some eyed me from where they were standing.

Oh boy, here we go again

Simon walked over to me and saluted before saying hello. He then turned to the recruits. "Men!" he yelled, "my name is Officer Crawford. I will be assisting in your training for the next few months." He then turned to me, "Now this here's your leading lady, Agent Doyle. She will be in charge of your training." He nodded at me and I addressed the new meat.

A tall, snobby looking blond man in front of me snickered and I turned my attention to him. "Is something funny?" I asked. He turned to me and with a sly grin answered, "No, little lady. Nothin's funny."

Oh buddy you shouldn't have said that

"Step forward," I commanded and he leisurely did as was told. "What is your name?" I asked.
"Jack Dawson," he responded and the snickered again. "I hope you remember that name later tonight, baby," he added and winked. My eyes widened and I saw Simon out of the corner of my eye get ready to do something but I motioned him to step down. I could handle this one.

Dawson, you really shouldn't have said that

Before he could even blink I landed a punch right at his jaw and Dawson fell to the ground clutching his face in pain. Simon wasn't much for laughing but I saw his slight smile.

I turned to the rest of the men. "Let this serve as an example to you. I will not be disrespected in my camp is that clear?" They all nodded. "You will refer to me as m'am or Agent Doyle. I also like to hear responses when I ask a question now is that clear?" I roared. And they all unanimously responded with a 'yes m'am.'

I started to walk around the recruits to get a better view of what I was dealing with. The good thing right now was that I had them scared. Which was good. I stood in the middle of the group in front of the men.

"Now thanks to Dawson here it looks like you all have extra work to do. I want you all to do 100 push-ups and then run a lap around the track back here. Anyone cheats and they do double!" I yelled. The men all looked at Dawson like he was their prey.
"One thing you'll learn in my camp is teamwork," I said. "If one of you messes up, the rest of the group pays for it as well."

They all stared at me like I was an alien. Couldn't blame them, poor boys weren't used to taking orders from women.
"What are you waiting for?! Go!" I ordered and they all got down and started their push-ups. Simon was keeping an eye on the first five while I walked over to the last five.

They all had good form and it didn't look like anyone was struggling too hard. Good
As I kept an eye on them I noticed the last of my five stood up. He was done.

The man made eye contact with me and for a split second my knees went weak. It had been over five years but I never forgot that face.

Bucky

From the looks of it he recognized me too because for a moment he just stood there staring. I can't believe it

I had to quickly compose myself and go back into army mode. I pushed back every feeling I had, "Quit starin'! That lap isn't gonna run itself!" I barked feeling slightly guilty.

Bucky clearly taken aback, shook himself into reason and scrambled to run his lap. I felt like the air had been knocked out of my lungs.

Bucky was here. Actually here. How?

"Doyle!" I heard a voice call my name and it snapped me out of my daze. I turned around and it was Peggy.

As I walked over she tilted her head at me, "Are you okay, Claire? You've looked like you've seen a ghost." I might as well have. "Must be the heat," I lied but she seemed to believe me.

What am I gonna do with him?