24-Day 9 Cont.

Hey y'all! I'm supposed to be playing my cello right now practicing... But I'm a bad girl! 😎 Okay, enough of that. I got tired of my friend *cough* Fictonloverthefirst *cough* to read this story so I was like, "You know what? I'm going to listen to my beautiful readers and update." So, here you go my beauties.

Day 9 Cont.
Aphmau
Zane explains, "When we were little, we would always play within the O'Khasis gates and never wander further. One day, my ball bounced off the terrace onto the wall that borders our city and into the woods surrounding it. Our mom had given me that ball and she was very sick so naturally I was upset. Garroth, being the best big brother anyone could have, couldn't stand me being upset so he climbed over the wall to find my ball, against my dad's wishes."
Zane huffs, "Well he got the ball, which I love my big brother for, but my dad punished him severely. He got three lashes to the wrist and several beatings."
He shakes his head, "I wish Garroth didn't do that because it led him to heartbreak."
He continues, "Dad said that Garroth couldn't be so reckless. So, naturally since he loves to control our lives, he set up an arranged marriage for him. At age seven."
Zane runs a hand through his thick black hair, "The girl's name was Sarah. She's the daughter of a very large and very rich company. Of course, our company has loads more money. But combining the two companies would've been gold."
Zane sighs, "So at age fifteen Garroth met Sarah. He fell in love with her. I don't know what he saw. I just saw a body filled with greed. I found Sarah kissing my best friend, besides Garroth, the week after the engagement was announced. She made me swear not to tell anybody. I didn't, knowing Garroth would be crushed, but he got burned."
Zane looks out at the lake, "Garroth found her with another man a month later. Garroth's heart was shattered. I didn't know how to help him. Sarah had only been out for his money. With the name Mrs.Ro'meave all she saw was money bags. Dad found out what happened and figured he had tortured Garroth enough and called off the engagement. Dad moved us down here by ourselves so we wouldn't have to see them anymore."
Zane scratches his cheek, "Dad offered Garroth two other women for a wife. One was the daughter of a large company in Scaleswind and the other is the daughter of a rich family in this town."
Zane throws a stone into the lake, "Dad was always pushing Garroth to be his 'best'. Dad said that one day Garroth would one day own the company and he needed to act like it."
Zane looks sideways at me, "He's scared of falling in love, Garroth, I mean. I guess that's why he's scared of loving you."
I choke, "Garroth loves me?"
Zane nods, "Yes. Well, he did before the accident. I don't know about now. But when you love someone, you never stop loving them."
I ask, "Does he still love Sarah?"
Zane shakes his head and chuckles, "Sorry. I used the wrong word then. I probably should've said that he thought he was in love with her. He was just a love sick fifteen year old then."
I hug Zane, "Thanks for telling me."
He gives me a swift hug back, "No problem, Aphmau. Maybe one day you'll be my sister-in-law."