4

{UNEDITED}

Aphmau

I look in every corner of my new neighborhood in search of my poor Ace. I call Aaron.

"Hey." he answers.

"Have you found him yet?" I ask worriedly.

"What? No 'hi' or 'how are you'?"

"Aaron!"

"No, I haven't found Ace yet. Wait. Never mind."

"Where are you?"

"Near my house."

"Can I get Ace?"

"Uh. Hold on one moment."

I hear a bunch of rustling and a door slamming.

He comes back, "Um, sure."

"Okay. What's your address?"

"Why? You planning on stalking me?"

"No, I need to pick up my dog!"

"Oh. Right. 32657 Sun Birch Lane."

"Kay. See you soon." I hang up and run all the way there.

I knock on the door.

The door swings open and Ace jumps on me.

I cradle my baby in my arms.

"How're you? My baby! Awwwww..."

Someone clears there throat and I look up. I'm pretty sure my face is bright red, "Hey Aaron." He nods, "Hey." I shift from foot to foot, "Um. Well, I should be going." Aaron asks, "Wait. Um, would you, um, like to come inside?" I nod, "Sure."

I step inside his house ans see dozens of pictures and an assortment of brown.

I spot a picture of Aaron with his hood down with a girl with dark brown hair and a boy with shaggy black hair. I ask, "Who's that?" He looks at the picture I'm pointing to, "No one special." I sit in the living room on a brown couch while he fetches some water.

"What do you want to do?" he asks.

 I shrug, "I don't know. Wait."  A wide grin reaches my face, "I'll be back. Can Ace stay here for a bit while I go get something?"

Aaron nods, "Sure."

I set Ace down and go run down the street to my house.

Aaron

I honestly thought she left to ditch me. I don't know why, I just did.

She comes back with a bucket.

I ask, "Did you just run to your house and run back with that bucket?"

She nods, "Yeah. Does it matter?"

I shake my head, "No."

She digs around the bucket and pulls out a frisbee, "Know how to play?"

I nod, "You throw the frisbee. Basically it."

She looks around, "Do you have a backyard?"

I shake my head, "Well. Yes.  A small one."

She looks at the front door, "Can we play in the front yard?"

I nod, "Sure."

She picks up Ace, "No funny business."

We head out to the front and play for awhile with Ace chasing the frisbee the whole time. Mena's car pulls up, "Hey Aaron, baby. Who's this? Your cousin?" I mumble, "Hey Mena." She smiles and gets out of her car. Great. She's staying. She asks Aphmau, "Who're you?" Aphmau offers her hand, "I'm Aphmau." Mena ignores Aphmau's hand and repeats, "Who're you?" Aphmau puts down her hand, "Um, Aphmau?" Mena rolls her eyes and turns to me, "Is she your cousin or something." I shake my head, "She goes to school with us. She's a...friend."

Mena smiles at Aphmau, "Well then I should really welcome you."

Mena decides to hang around. She invites herself inside and I groan. I whisper to Aphmau, "Sorry." Aphmau smiles, "It's not my business who you hang out with. I should get going, though." Aphmau gets Ace back on his leash and grabs her bin, "Bye Aaron." I ask, "Do you need help with the bin?" She walks away, "Bye Aaron."

I laugh, "Bye Aphmau."

Garroth

I watch Aphmau run to her house and exit with a bucket. About two hours later she comes back with a dog.

I saw her with Aaron earlier.

Was Aaron the guy she was talking about earlier?

Zane yells, "Dad's on the phone!"

I groan. Great.

I answer on the landline, "Yes, father?"

"You're grade in math has dropped down to an A-minus."

I gulp, "I'm sorry, father."

"Get your grade back up before I get home from my business trip or you won't like what happens."

He hangs up and I throw the phone across the room.

Dad.

I sigh and look out the window. My room has a view of both Aphmau's room and living room. Aphmau is on her bed writing something in a notebook. I wonder what.

Tell me what POV you want to hear more of!