19.

• ninteen •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get on the railing and try to slide down it instead of using the stairs. I get off as Soryu and I decide to head back to the hotel because 'it's getting late'. I continue to walk around still mesmerized at everything.

"You still didn't answer my question from earlier," I hear Soryu remind as he turns the corner, ending back where we first were. I stop in my tracks and sigh. I close my eyes for a second before going over to the table next to the window. I should just tell him. It's not like he would know.

I pick up the small deteriorate notebook and hand it to him, he takes it. "I stopped by my old house first before coming here and decided to just look around in search for something that can tell me anything about my real parents and the real reason why I was left at such a young age." I divulge my reason to him as he flips through it, stopping at the same written sheet I read earlier. "That's why I'm here.

"I keep asking myself why is that the only thing I found and why is it so new compared to the whole neighborhood." Soryu meets my gaze. I ask slowly, "How long has this neighborhood been abandoned?"

"I left when I was fifteen," He answers, his gaze stern and unwavering. "When I returned from England, I was given a different direction from this one. They said someone bombard here. That's why many houses are how they are," I look outside the windows to the other houses nearby. I have many questions but I don't know how to address them.

"Did they know who it was?" I ask carefully, returning my gaze to him.

"Does the Latin Royalty sound familiar to you?"

I ponder about it for a second. So another gang is involved with us. "Yeah, they're a gang from Miami, Florida. Why? Was it them?"

"Or something like that." He clenches his jaw as he looks outside, avoiding my gaze.

"What'd you mean?" I ask confused. "What was a gang from Florida doing here anyway?"

"Look, we have to go. It's getting late," He ignores, giving me back the notebook.

"Why?" I pull on his hand as he tries to leave. "No, wait, tell me. I want to know,"

"We have to go." Soryu repeats, more sternly this time. "This side gets an ominous energy when dusk makes itself known." He begins walking out of the library.

"No, wait—ugh!" I scurry behind him into the outside, Tokyo's sky painting a red orange color. "Where's your car?" I ask as I notice my borrowed one being the only vehicle around.

"I had one of my men bring me here," He answers as he cups his nape. "I figured you wanted some alone time if you actually came all the way here. I told them I'll bring us both back,"

"Who said I wanted to take you with me?" I say and try to hold back my smile as I cross my arms over my chest.

He looks at me stunned for a second. "No one. That's why I'm driving,"

I hold up the keys to the beautiful matte-black Ferrari 458 Spider. Ugh, it's so beautiful. Eisuke has great taste in cars. Should have seen me in his garage, I was drooling. "You mean me?" I point to myself as Soryu signals for them with his hand. "I won't take you unless I'm driving. So get it," I unlock the vehicle and jump inside the drivers seat, without waiting for his reaction.

Soryu just watches me with an expression I couldn't read from the other seat as I revive the engine. "What?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"Nothing," He answers then cooly looks away.