14.

fourteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Care to explain what exactly it was that you had in mind?" Soryu asks, his tone cold as he closes the door to the suite. I walk in annoyed but yet amused without looking back at him. It's just us two. After leaving Amaya with Mei Ling, Soryu takes me to my suite to "talk" about whatever it is he's mad about. "Your plan failed." Obviously it's not a talk.

  "It didn't." I reply sharply. "You're just saying that because you're upset." I glance at him over my shoulder. "I did my part right. It was just Mei Ling who got distracted, she said it herself." I turn my whole attention to him. "'I'm sorry. I got distracted after Baba told me to do something,'" I mock Mei Ling's high pitched voice. I roll my eyes and snicker. "We should monitor her if you want this to go well,"

   "You're very confident in everything you do, huh?" Sneers Soryu. I frown at him as he nears me. He towers over me, suddenly glaring at me. I look up to him and try to even his intense stare, challenging him.

   Is he onto me? It takes me a moment to answer. "I know what I'm doing, and I do it well." A smirk makes its way into my features. I then brush past him harshly on purpose, and leave my suite to have a personal talk with the two younger girls.

+++

  I check the time on the clock. It's lunch time. Amaya must be in her lunch break. I page the younger girl under Soryu's orders. It's been many days of arranged marriage meetings for Amaya, I'm getting tired too. Once she's here, I make her change into a cheongsam again because she has marriage meeting today. She's back from getting ready and now all we have to do is wait for Inui to come pick us up.

  "Ooh, a cheongsam." Baba notices after Amaya walks in the lounge. "The design emphasizes the feminine form, that teasing slit up the side... All men dream about them. I wonder what Reina looks like in one?" He flickers his eyes over to me. "Aren't you curious too, Sor?"

  "You can tell she's been eating lately. Though Reina doesn't need such dress. Her curves stand out with anything she wears," Says Ota before Soryu gets a chance to say anything in response. "But still, a tight dress on her wouldn't be so bad to witness. Right, Sor?"

  Soryu doesn't answer. "I like long dresses on women," Eisuke speaks up.

  "You're interested in Reina, too, Eisuke?" Says Ota, a bit shocked.

  Tension fills the atmosphere before Eisuke answers. "Anyone would be interest in a foreign woman." He answers with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and turn away to escape everyone's gaze but I'm met with a cloud of smoke from behind. I cough out and wave my hand in front of me. "Can't you smoke that outside?"

  "You can't tell me what to do," Responds Mamoru, indifferent.

  "Hey, Kishi, don't smoke in front of her." Scowls Soryu.

  "Looks like someone likes Reina too," Says Mamoru amused.

  "I just don't want her to smell like smoke. It'll give her a bad image," Gibes Soryu. Mamo completely ignores Soryu. "Did you not hear me?!"

  "What's that?"

  "Okay, enough!" I yell out irritated. "Oh my God, you're acting like fifteen year olds."

  "All I see is two men fighting over a woman," Baba comments. "Can you guys let me in there, too?"

  "Me, too!" Pipes in Ota.

  "Funny how the conversation was first about Amaya and now it's me," I say out in annoyance. Hurry up, Inui.

  "Do whatever you want." Both Soryu and Mamo ignore me and say at the same time.