17.

• seventeen •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I drag my feet across the floor as I'm out shopping for ingredients with Soryu. If I was with someone else that I feel comfortable with, I would rant out of how bloody my vagina is and use that as an excuse to do nothing for the rest of the week. Yes, ya girl is on her period. Stupid mother nature didn't give me a warning few days ago.

  And to my goddamn luck, I bring a dress. I should've changed when I had the opportunity. These cramps are getting milder. Earlier I was bubbly and laughing, now I'm complaining because Wolverine is gnawing at my insides.

  I groan out just as I hear Soryu complain, "Why am I the one running errands? Isn't this Inui's job?"

  I give him a what the fuck look. "You're the one who wanted me to come along with you,"

  "That's until Inui was taken away." It feels weird going to the grocery store with him. I snicker to myself as we return to the entrance for a basket since we forgot it when we walked in. We must look like a couple.

   "Something funny?" He growls.

   "No," I chuckle as I pick up a shopping basket. "Maybe I'll make omelets with a demi glace sauce." I ignore him and start talking. "I saw it in a cooking book the other day I was at the library." I voice out my thoughts. Okay, lowkey I wanted to know what else you can add to omelets so I can make them for myself more often.

   "Whatever you want." Soryu says with disinterest.

   "That might not be enough food, so I can make some tacos al pastor, too" I joke for tonights dinner.

  "The others won't like it," Obviously he didn't get it.

   I look at him with wide eyes. "I'm just joking."  He looks away awkwardly.

   "Oh,"

   I head over toward the vegetables section, Soryu silently follows me. I kind of have an idea of what else to make. "Hm... Lettuce, tomatoes,"

   "Hey, what's that?" I follow his surprised gaze.

  "Hm? Oh, it looks like they're giving away samples. Ooh, free food," I stray toward it but Soryu stops me, tugging at my arm.

  "If they leave food out like that anybody could come and poison it." He says, scolding.

  "Or the maker could poison it himself," I make a face and suck my teeth, sending him a glare. "Thanks a lot. Now I can't look at it the same anymore. Besides, nobody's going to poison it," I continue with the vegetables, throughly annoyed now.

  "I know, but," He begins, but changes topic when something else catches his eye. "What's this?"

  "Bitter melon," I answer after glancing at it.

  "So that's what it looks like as a whole," He says with a surprised look.

  "What do you mean?" I frown at him.

  "I've never gone shopping like this," He answers. "So I've never seen vegetables whole like this before."

  I snort. "Really?" Though a strange feeling wells up inside of me. It's a first to show the great Soryu Oh something he doesn't know. As we continue our shopping, I cast a glance at him while he looks a little suspicious as we walk around while I explain the various things to him he's curious about.

  "Hey, isn't that..?" "One of the people who always goes into the Ice Dragons office?" "That woman has been spotted recently there, too." I hear some women whispering as they look over to us. I glance over and they quickly look away, flustered when they meet my piercing gaze. That's not whispering at all.