Chapter 2

It was a beautiful forest. The sunlight snuck into the forest reflecting off of the lake; birds flew around chirping. Voices were heard singing. A girl sat by the lake with her feet in the water. She was facing the sun, letting it shine its warmth down on her face and pass through her golden blonde hair. She looked around humming a small tune. A bird came landing on her finger. She smiled petting the bird still humming.

A voice was calling out in the back for her, but she didn’t pay any attention to it. Footsteps were heard and she felt the person appear behind her and the bird flew off.

“There you are!” a voice called out. They sounded relieved when they saw her.

The girl turned around to see a man in a—what was supposed to be white now stained with dirt—robe. His orange-red hair covered his eyes and he stood with a slight frown.

“Oh Derek, I didn’t think you would be done so soon.” She explained getting up, brushing the dirt off of her tunic.

The man just shook his head, “I said it was just a broken bone, you know those don’t take that long.”

The girl smiled and rubbed the back of her neck, nervously, “Heh right… sorry.” She rubbed the back of her neck.

Derek just let out a sigh rubbing his head, “No need to apologize, Sera.”

The girl narrowed her eyes as she sensed something wrong. She then stood up and walked over to where Derek stood.

“Are you ok?” She asked.

“Yeah… just tired.” He replied.

Sera placed a hand on the side of his forehead, “You look tired. What happened?”

Derek smiled as he reached up and took her hand bring it down next to them, “I’ll tell you on the way back,” he replied as he pulled her along. Sera just smiled and followed him.

They both walked in the through the forest on their way back to the clinic. Derek was telling her about the about the incident at the clinic. The patient was a little girl and Derek terrified her when he tried to treat her and he was trying to calm her.

Sera laughed, shaking her head, as she could imagine it. Derek just smiled as he continued on. The two continued to walk, moving on from that subject and just talking about their day.

They were walking up a slope now. The two continued to talk and that’s when Derek slipped. He ended up placing his foot on a log, covered by leaves. The log rolled and he ended up falling.

         Derek let out a grunt as he hit the ground.

“Derek!” Sera tried to catch him, but she wasn’t able to.

“Ow… damn it… I didn’t even see that there.” Derek mumbled as he got up. He looked down at his hand and saw a large cut on it.

Sera crouched down next to him to see the cut and saw how bad the cut was bleeding. She couldn’t help but smile in amusement, “And you call me a klutz?”

Derek just looked at her.

Sera smiled and shook her head, taking his hand in hers. She then closed her eyes and a blue light came from her hand. After a couple seconds she moved her hand away to show the cut gone.

“All done.” She smiled.

“Thanks…” he mumbled shaking his head.

“No problem!” she replied happily. He wrapped an arm around her as they both headed back.

Lost in TimeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara