Chapter 4

Sera watched as everyone prepared. Micaiah and Ilyana were quickly skimming through their tomes to make sure they knew the spells.

“Alright everyone, let's stick with usual strategy.” Micaiah decided, as she shut her tome.

Sothe, Nolan, Edward, and Leonardo looked at Micaiah and nodded instantly, while Sera and Ilyana glanced at each other confused.

“What is the strategy exactly?” Ilyana asked looking at the group

“Well we normally have it, Sothe and Nolan in the front with Leonardo and me covering them and then Edward keeping an eye out for any surprise attacks. With you and Sera here now, we can expand and form ourselves around the unarmed ones and keep an eye out from all sides,” Micaiah explained.

Sera just nodded her head as she pictured what Micaiah was saying. Basically surround Aimee, Kurth, Muston and the twins. It sounded alright, but Sera didn’t like it.

“This is not just your group trying to escape another group of Begnion soldiers in the back alley of Daein. This is a prison camp and you have unarmed people with you and people that aren’t familiar with your style of fighting,” she spoke up.

Micaiah nodded her head, about to speak, however, Sothe stepped in to her defense instead.

“There’s no need to worry about messing up. Micaiah has been known for her far-sight and it’s thanks to her that we’ve been able to escape so many times. This is just like those times,” he replied.

Sera nodded her head, understanding why they would have faith in her, “but still it doesn’t hurt to change it around does it? I mean you can’t just depend on knowing the outcome. We still have to pass through.”

“Are you saying that Micaiah’s far-sight isn’t reliable?” Sothe asked getting tense.

Sera instantly regretted speaking, however instead of quieting down, she stood her ground. “It’s not that I’m saying it isn’t reliable, but-”

“Then what were you-”

“Sothe stop. Let her speak.” Micaiah stepped in.

Sothe looked as if he was about to protest, but then looking at Micaiah, he decided against it and took a step back. From the way he was staring at her, Sera could tell that the thief did not trust her. Sera understood. She herself didn’t trust the group that much, even if it was the infinite Dawn Brigade.

Micaiah then turned towards Sera and nodded her head, “Go ahead Sera. What were you saying?”

“I was just saying that it would help to have a plan that everyone can be comfortable with,” She explained with a shrug.

“If you have a plan then you better say it quickly.” Nolan spoke up, raising his axe, “these guards aren’t going to let us sit here and plan our escape.”

Sera glanced over and saw that not many had appeared yet, but she knew if they stayed any longer then they would lose their chance to escape.

Micaiah turned towards Sera as if expecting something from her, “what are you suggesting?” she asked.

Sera paused and took a quick scan of the area. Her eyes fell upon a door a little off from them. From the way the walls were set up, it looked as if the door led to the same section as the rest of camp. It must have been designed so that they would easily be able to surround the enemy that was trying to enter. She then closed her eyes to think, “From the sound of it, these are the only guards here. When they called for reinforcements, the soldiers came from inside or to our left, that means that we are near the edge of the camp.”