Capitolo Uno

Goals: 2 votes 1 comment
Music: Hold back the river ♡

Gif: Lily james as Lucy Jones.
...
"No mom I'll be fine I promise" I sighed as I reached the door lock of my new home, it is almost noon, and we've just arrived to a small quite town in the south of England.

Mom and I decided to move to another country to start over, since dad's death everything has changed, I had to help mom as best as I could, I had to work to get money, and help to pay the house's bills so I got little job like waitress, nanny and so many others. We had to look for each other, we're alone now, dad is not with us anymore, and since then mom was trying to be strong, she loved him so much, and she still do, when he passed away, every day at night I used to hear her crying for him, in the dark of the night she cried, and I couldn't do anything because I was suffering too, he was my hero, he was my big dad, the man who helped me with nightmare, the man who used to read me story to sleep, he was my everything.

"I know sweetheart, but you are my baby girl, and now you're going to leave me, and I'll be forever alone" she said dramatically, I rolled my eyes, mom can be such a child sometimes, I picked the boxes from the ground up and opened the white wooden door, I walked inside with mom behind me.

"Mom I'm not your baby girl anymore you know it, and don't be silly, I'll call you everyday and we can see each other by Skype" I put the boxes on the kitchen table and opened it.

"I know I know, but who is going to watch the soup opera with me and who is going to make the best cookies ever?" I looked at her and started to take the things from the box.

"Mom you supposed to do the best cookies ever after all you are the mom right? So you supposed to do it not me, and you watch the soup opera everyday with Miss Johnson and after you two run to the beauty salon to gossip with Wanda, and believe me you talk a lot" I laughed.

"That's not true" I raised one of my eyebrow and look at her "OK, but you know, I don't do it everyday, and my cookies are the best too".

"If you are saying" I chuckled.

"Hey don't laugh at you mother young lady, I may not make the best cookies ever but I'm still your mother".

"You're the best mom ever you know it, but now help to put this things on the place, after that we can go to lunch, and I have to get a job". My curly blonde hair is covering my eyes, I took one of my elastics, which is very useful to tie my hair, and tied my curls up with the elastic.

" Why do you need a job anyway? You have enough money to your bakery" Mom asked as she take the things off of the last box, I chuckled.

"I know but while the bakery is not ready yet, I'll need some money to myself you know, I just save enough cash to it" I leave the kitchen and went to the living room.

My new house is little, when my mom leave it will be just me here, so I didn't want a big house with a big garden I just wanted a sweet place to live, it's quiet here too I only have one neighbor but I haven't seen them either, my home is located far from downtown so it doesn't have so much noise from cars or people or noisy neighbors, and a few miles away from here there's a forest which I would love to take a walk, there's little garden in front of my house, its walls is white and the windows is of a sweet blue, it may be little but the living room is big and there's two bedrooms and two bathrooms which is very petite, but I love it.

"You know that I can help with the money Lucy" mommy comment putting her hands on her hips and shooking her head.

"I know mom, but I don't want it, it's really kind though, but you need it, I won't live with you anymore mom, and you need that cash to survive" I chuckled softly.