Chapter 6.5: The Cat and Fairy To The City! {Part 2}

Chapter 6.5

The Cat and Fairy To The City

-----------------------
Obi P.O.V.

When she finally regained her posture, we walked for a few minutes, admiring the different shops we passed by. One sold fresh fruits and vegetables, another one sold custom made dresses used for Royal balls. They were so huge and full of glitter that I wonder how ladies wear them without feeling a bit of tiredness creep into them. Just when I was about to move on to the next shop, I realized Faye wasn't with me. A shot of panic ran through me. I looked around stealthily and was at ease to see her paying an old woman some silver coins.

When she caught me staring at her, she waved at me with a big grin plastered on her face. I too, waved back. She muttered something to the old woman and then after strolled her way to me.

I don't really know what is inside the letter Zen told me to deliver, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the coronation of The Princess. Before I could even think more on the subject, Faye suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me across the swarming people coming out of a shop called "Thrift not Grief". Very unnatural indeed. When we were finally out of the crowd, Faye looked around where we stood and found what she was looking for. It was quite a large area of land, full of trees and shrubs and wild flowers growing everywhere. And in the middle of it, a single path lead to who-knows-where.

"Come on, this path leads to the Castle of Nemune. You've got your badge right? Otherwise you can't get in." She started trailing off.

"Of course." I replied, holding the badge in my pocket.

We walked for a few minutes until a large golden gate came into sight. It's bars looked like they were made of pure gold, and the castle way beyond was quite big. Maybe even bigger that the one back at Clarines. It seemed to be deserted, except for the two grumpy guards who stood outside the gates. The moment they took notice of us, they straighten their posture, and their eyes grew wary underneath their helmet. As we met head to head, I felt their gaze inspecting our every move.

"State your business." One of them said.

"I am Obi, a messenger of the second Prince of Clarines, Prince Zen Westeria. I have come to deliver a letter to King Tobias Stanz II." I held my badge in front of them to see. Surely they'll let us in with this. The guard looked at each other; deciding and then back to me.

"I cannot allow you to enter. Though I can pass on the letter that you hold." The other one said. I felt my temper rising every second, trying to contain it was really hard.

"With all due respect sir, I was asked to deliver this letter to King Tobias personally and without delay." One more word against me and they will surely meet their end. Why did Zen have to make me a messenger when he knows I'm more adept with knives than with words.

As if feeling the change of my mood, Faye placed her hand on my shoulder and grinned for a moment.

"Could you turn around for a while?" She asked. But I was quite reluctant to do so. "Trust me." She added.

I gazed deep into her eyes and I saw determination and unwillingness to die down. I know I could trust her. And I did. So I turned around to wait for whatever she was about to do. After a loud gasp that I heard from the guards, I turned around slowly to see what was happening, and to my surprise, the guards were sweating heavily and their posture seemed to be in all places. They looked terribly frightened, as if they've seen fear itself. They turned their gazes from Faye's to mine and seemed to relax a little.

"S-Sir Obi, please do as you have been required and deliver the message to the King." One guard stuttered, opening the gates for us to pass through. Well, that went well. I wonder what Faye did to convince them. Better save these questions for later. The mission should be on top priority right now. Faye walked in first and I followed behind.

The courtyard was as beautiful as the lavender field back at Faye's cottage, thought this one is full of crimson roses. A few guards were on patrol, but none of them even bothered to greet us. Which I don't really care if they did or not. We reached the gigantic Oak double-doors to the castle, and it needed four guards to open them for us. The first step inside the castle and awe already struck me. The floor was painted marble white and a long red carpet strolled from the oak doors to the two ends of the staircase. In the middle of the staircase, a painting of the royal family was displayed with frames of wood and gold. A large chandelier in center brightened the room with light and glee. A lot of servants walked around frantically, trying to complete the tasks given to them. Faye tried to ask one of them for directions but none of them even dared to looked at her.

"It's okay. We'll get our way around." I said, trying to cheer her up. She nodded.

When somebody finally took notice of us, she led us to the waiting room where most guest were to be served. When we were about to get in the room, I heard a familiar voice form the inside.

"I hope Obi's not hurt..." The voice trailed off.

I know that voice and-- I pushed the door open as a familiar green apple colored eyes met mine. Her red hair was swaying while the wind blowed from the window to her face. She was frozen and so was I. But I spoke first.

"Mistress?"

---------------

I'm leaving you guys there in the cliffhanger. I hope you can survive a week though. ROFL.

Still,  hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote, leave a comment and message for any suggestions you wanna make.

Se you all in the next chapter!

-Auuuuuddddyyyyy