“You have violet eyes.” He whispered. He was no longer looking at me, I guess I freaked him out a bit. Well, I freaked out a lot of pack members when they saw my wolf eyes for the first time so I don’t blame him, much. As I said, amethyst eyes are rare, I think they even used to kill werewolves that had amethyst eyes in the past. Kind of like how they had witch hunts in the dark ages. They said the owners of the eyes are always evil. No one ever explained the evil things purple eyed werewolves did so I can’t say if they were evil or not. I know I’m not evil (most likely) just because I can see ghosts. Times may have changed and people did adjust, but the superstition parts usually stay with people for a very long time. Superstition stays even if they can’t remember the cause of the superstition in the first place.

“Yes, I know.” I said in an annoyed voice. I have had enough dealings with my amethyst eyes, so I don’t like to bother with it anymore.

Mustering my courage, I turned to face off this vampire. I wasn’t going to chance throwing my damn cross like the last time. I think I just got lucky that time with actually hitting my target. This time I waited for the right opportunity.

 “STOP!!!” I screamed just as the vampire leapt towards us. Kaden quickly dropped me so that I landed properly which I then proceeded to thrust my hand with the cross to meet her metaphysical body. I have never liked the feeling of ghosts passing through me. It usually sent shivers down my spine. This time though I was keeping my hand there and it felt as if I just stuck my hand in the snow without gloves on. If I kept my hand there much longer it might freeze off, it was already going numb. It wasn’t helping that it was raining because it made everything colder. “LEAVE THIS PLACE AND THIS WORLD. NEVER COME BACK!” I commanded the ghoul as her eyes shot imaginary daggers at me. She hissed and continued to show me her teeth. I could tell she was resisting her hardest. “LEAVE!” I emphasized, my hand still in the middle of her body. The place where the cross touched her spirit was starting to sizzle as if it was actually burning. Ghostly smoke was starting to come out it too.

The wind kicked up and all the trees rustled with it causing leaves to fall all around us. The crescent moon was completely covered by storm clouds now so we could only see between the flashes of lightning now. All the small animal sounds had completed disappeared. The only sound I could hear was the faint howling of the wind, our heavy breathing, and the clouds rumbling.

The ghoul looked me right in the eyes and smiled. “Don’t worry. I will eventually get a taste of you. You won’t make it much longer in this world.” And with that she gave one shrilling laugh before fading into nothing.

After she left, my legs went weak and I slumped onto the forest floor. The wind picked up one last time before disappearing, the rain calmed down, and the life in the woods came back. I heard a few night birds chirping and some other night animals moving about, safe once again. Even the clouds started to move letting the light of the moon show through.  I was, though, still sitting on the ground soaked to the bone and shivering from the cold. Then I felt a hand on my back and soon Kaden came into view.

“Are you okay?” He asked me, keeping me steady and upright with his hand. His face was full of concern but it was also full of questions.

“I think I am fine.” I replied weakly. Okay so maybe I lied there a bit. I don’t think I was fine at all. The forest had slowly begun to spin and my vision was starting to blur. My stomach was also feeling a bit queasy, probably from all the spinning the forest is doing. The world was freezing and did I mention I was wet as in soaked? Maybe I used a lot more energy than I thought.

“You are lying. You can’t even keep your eyes focused on me.” Kaden embraced me, wrapping his muscular arms all around me, blocking the rain from me. He felt so warm compared to me and strong and comforting. It felt really good to be in his arms. As I was taking comfort in his arms, the world slowly began to fade.

*Thank you once again for reading.

Also i know this is bad of me but i really want my story to be popular and in order for it become popular i need votes and comments. So I decided if i get twenty votes or ten comments from ten different people on my latest chapter, i will post twice a week, once on Wednesday, once on Sunday. If i don't get that amount i will just continue to do it weekly on Sundays. So I am not punishing you all, just rewarding.

And I want to say a very special thanks to everyone who added my story to thier library and comment and voted on my story. Feel free to send me messages or comments about my story. I got one about my picture and i didn't really like my last picture all that much either. So if you can think of a better picture or suggestion feel free to comment or pm me. I already have one picture suggestion. Also if you have any pictures that you think fit my characters, please send them to me and i will try to make a cast. Also if you can think of a better title too. Thank you once again and please still vote and comment on my story!*