Goodbye

-Finn's POV-

I went to pick up Kate from the coffee shop, I still had tears in my eyes. When Kate got into the car she saw and asked "What's up?" I just shook my head and switched on the radio, then pulled out onto the road. "Finn, you know I like you a lot. Even though we be together as a couple, we can visit each other. I was thinking about coming to summer in the city, but I don't know because I don't have a job and I have no money. I need to move out of Mum's and find a place of my own. Once I get settled I'll visit you and we can spend everyday together but for now, let's stay friends. We can stay in contact, I promise I won't forget you again" I had to pull in, so we were safe. I burst into tears "I'll miss you" She pulled me in for a hug "I know" she whispered in my ear. She held me while I pulled myself together, I eventually let go "We should go, you need to pack" I pulled away and drove home.

We arrived home, and we went inside "I'm gonna go pack" "Do you need any help?" "I should be okay, thanks anyway" Kate went upstairs and I walked into the kitchen to see Jack, he was home early "Why are you home early?" "I didn't want to stay at uni anymore, my room is too small" "Well your room here is occupied" "What do you mean? I thought Kate went home last week" "She stayed a bit longer, I need to talk to you about her though" "What is it Finn?" I told Jack the whole story "I have no idea what you should do" "Oh, thanks for the help" I replied sarcastically "Where are you going to sleep?" Just as Jack was about to reply, Kate walked in "Where's who gonna sleep? Oh, ermm hi Jack" "Don't just stand there, come and give me a hug, I've been waiting 10 years" She ran over to him and hugged him. "How have you been Kate?" "Great, actually. We should catch up some time. It'll have to be over the internet because I'm going home tonight" Wait what? I thought "Tonight? I thought you were leaving tomorrow?" "I was but where's Jack going to sleep. There's a train in an hour anyway, I'll get that. I don't mind" "Kate, please stay" I said, Kate looked at me "I can't" I looked at the floor, trying to hold back my tears. Jack broke the silence "So, how's Newcastle? Party every night right?" "That's us, no seriously it's nice, preceded it here though. Yeah Newcastle has a good nightlife but other than that it's not that great" Jack replied "Well I'm all about the party" They both laughed. "Kate we should go to the station soon, we don't want you to miss your train" I said, I really just wanted our last hour together to be our own. I didn't want Jack to be there. "Okay, let me go and Finn your Mum so I can thank her" "Okay, I'll grab your case" I walked upstairs to find Kate's suitcase outside Jack's room. I took it downstairs "You ready?" I asked Kate "I suppose so, bye Jack" "Bye Kate, See you on Skype" they laughed again and hugged. I put Kate's suitcase in the boot of my car and waited for her to leave the house.

We arrived at the station with about 45 minutes until Kate's train. We walked into Kings Cross and looked at the timetable. "The seven fifteen train doesn't stop in Newcastle. There's no trains after that, the train before it arrives at half 6, what time is it now?" "Twenty five past" "Oh no. I'm gonna have to run, I'll miss you Finn" She kissed my cheek "I'll miss you too" and with that she ran for the train. I might never see her again, I managed to hold in my tears as I walked out of Kings Cross.