Breakfast

-Finn's POV-

I needed to make it up to Kate because I shocked her yesterday so made sure I was a true gentleman. I opened the car door for her and walked round the other side to get in. "So, Starbucks is it then!" I said after she had suggested. "You know know I never thought that coming to London for the week would make me so happy!" "And why are you so happy?" "Because I have my best friend back, Newcastle just wasn't the same. Nobody could've replaced you. I asked a few friends over but they just wanted to talk about boys or the latest TV show" All of the memories came rushing back, the times we spent at school together teasing Jack for being the youngest and I smiled to myself. "What are you smiling at?" "Can you remember the time we were at your house after school and your mum made us watch the Lion King" She smiled and I melted inside, she made me so happy but she'd soon have to leave. "And we built pride rock in my bedroom. I remember it well!" She continued the story and we both started to laugh, it was like old times. We then arrived at Starbucks.

"What do you want?" I asked Kate trying to be a gentleman but she just replied with "I'm paying for me, I can't let you pay for everything" "but I want to pay for everything" She finally agreed to let me pay and we went and got a table. We spoke for about five minutes and I heard from across the room "FINNY" it was Marcus and Alfie trying to get my attention, I looked at them and gave them the 'leave me alone I'm busy' look, but they didn't take any notice and pulled up a chair without realising Kate. It wasn't until she giggled that they realised I was busy. "AWW! Has Finny got a girlfriend?" Marcus said in his woman voice and Alfie joined in "Is Finny Funny in love?" I felt my face go red "Shut up guys!" I muttered to them I was so embarrassed. "I'm Kate" I heard her say "Me and Finn have known each other since we were four. We became best friends on the first day of school, but then I moved to Newcastle and when I was nine and we didn't meet again until the other day when we bumped into each other at the tube station" She had saved me from embarrassment, I owed her big time. I could hear her, Marcus and Alfie making small talk whilst I stayed silent in the corner. I looked at my watch and saw it was almost time for me and Kate to hear to Daily Mix. "Kate, we best be heading off" I said, not looking her in the eye "Okay, I hope I see you guys again soon. See you" "Bye Kate, See you Finny" as me and Kate walked of I could hear Marcus and Alfie laughing.

When we got back in the car I apologised to Kate "Kate I'm sorry for what they said earlier, they were just joking" "It's fine Finn, honestly they were quite funny, and Alfie is fit" At that moment my whole world came crashing down "Yeah, he gets that a lot" The rest of the journey was silent.