Chapter 4: Dirty cops?

Start from the beginning

I panicked, I looked up ahead in front of me. There was a bridge that the road goes into and the side lane ends. I was about to swerve onto the highway again but a car was beside me and I could see that there was two small children in the car as well.

Knowing if I were to swerve into them the children would either be killed or hurt, I swerved down the hill. Opposite of the bridge. The car rumbled and bumped then flipped going down the steep hill and the car crashed into the tiny stream below. Everything turned black.

Marco's POV

I texted Armin again, 'you texted me 5 hours ago that you'd be home soon, where are you?' I was really itchy to know where Armin was after the attack. I sighed, realizing that I might be over reacting too much.

Armin was going to be fine, he just got caught up with time. I sat on the motel bed and kicked my foot up. As soon as I did I saw a water bug crawling on the bed. "Ewww" I got up and killed it with my shoe.

Realizing that I just made a shoe and dead bug stain on the white sheets, I sighed and got out of the bed. "This place is disgusting. I walked out to get some fresh air when I got a call.

"Hey, Marco? I need you to remember me from a little over a week ago okay?" The caller asked. "Of course I remember you, you're that annoying cop guy, what was your name...?"

"It's Eren. I need you to come to the address I sent to you."

"Why?"

"It's to identify a body"
"Wha...t" I mumbled off as my phone drops from my ear and down to my side. I stared off for a second before I looked at the address and quickly jumped into my car and drove off.

Eren's POV

"Dammit, hello?!" I screamed into the phone. "Not getting an answer are you?" Sasha asked quietly. "No. I just hope he's on his way." I responded.

"Oh my god! He's breathing again!" We heard the paramedic say. Me and Sasha ran over to see. "I really thought he was a goner. I mean the chances... and also the truck wheel popped and we have to wait forever for another one.

"Reminds you to have faith!" Ms. Paramedic said. I rolled my eyes as I saw a car drive up to us and slam on its brakes. Marco ran out of the car looking hysterical.

I silently pointed towards the emergency medical truck. He ran over there and bursted into tears. "His name is Armin Arlert." He said. "I knew it was Armin something." I mumbled.

"Well don't you worry! He wasn't breathing and his heart wasn't beating but it is now!" The paramedic smiled towards Marco who was in tears.

"I knew he was driving.... I shouldn't have let him." Marco mumbled in tears. I walked over to him. "You mean you knew he was seventeen, without a license and you still let him drive an hour and a half away?"

"I didn't know where he was going! And... and it's not like he doesn't have a license..." Marco said between his sobs. "And what do you mean 'it's not like he doesn't have a license'?"

"He got a license but it was suspended after he got into a small crash while he was texting. That's why he has no license on him... I honestly thought the suspension was over!" Marco confessed.

"Huh. Well it's not like that this time. The car was on neutral drive when we found it and all the breaks have been broken off." I explained.

"The killer..." Marco mumbled. "I was thinking that too! Sasha agreed. "My only question is... why is the medical vehicle not heading to the hospital?" Marco asked.

I sighed. "When we got here and finally got him out the car and into the truck we noticed the back left wheel has a giant whole in it. This piece of junk can't drive and we are waiting on another one." I explained

"Did you see anyone who popped the wheel?" Marco asked. "The only person that has been passed this 'do not pass' tape that isn't an officer or a med, is you. So no. I didn't see anything."

Armin's POV

I opened my eyes slowly but left them squinted because it was bright where I was. My head hurt a lot and my left waist hurt even more. I looked to the side and saw a familiar face.

"E-Eren..." I said as my eyes were widening while adjusting to the light. Eren's eyes slowly opened. And he stood up. "Oh, you're awake." He said quietly. "Oh you're awake." I said almost with a giggle as I looked at his messy hair.

Eren rolled his eyes. "You've been asleep for two days you know." Eren said while scooting his chair closer to the bed. "I could hardly recognize you without your uniform on. You look a lot younger. Like my age." I said with a smile.

"Ugh." Eren responded. "Why are you seeing me in the hospital off duty?" I asked. "Well, Marco suggested that I should watch over you sense you're really being targeted..." Eren said looking to the side with his face a little red.

"I mean... why are you visiting me?" I asked. Eren sighed again and I sat upright so I was no longer lying down. "I checked your phone... as part of protocol... to see if the reason you drove off a bridge was because you were texting... but when I turned on your phone it was on notes... I read them... you were on to something. I mean your private investigations and theories with the killer. I didn't want to lose you because I want to close this case. That's why I agreed to watch over you off of duty." Eren explained

"So you want to work with me to find the killer, but you can't do that if I'm dead can you? What's in it for you?" I asked. "I need a promotion..." Eren said fidgeting his fingers.

"Don't be so shy, I don't have a problem with it." I said and smiled. Eren's eyes lit up a little and he game me a little smile back.

................................................................
Whaaaa?!?! Two in one night????? Yea. It's to make up for all da time I've been gone. Now come my child.