She chuckled against Lauren's lips and pulled back, this time untangling herself from her girlfriend and walking back to the bathroom to put on her contacts and finish getting ready.

"Your dork." Camila corrected playfully, throwing a smirking Lauren a wink over her shoulder before turning back to the mirror.

No matter how nervous she was, she wanted this. Even if her previous relationships had left her a little anxious about expressing her feelings, which she guessed was why she hadn't said "I love you" yet, Camila was one hundred percent sure about committing to Lauren and if meeting the parents – the most nerve wrecking experience for everyone ever – was part of the deal, so be it. If she were being honest with herself, she couldn't wait to meet the people who raised Lauren into the amazing human being she'd been proving herself to be every day since she entered Camila's life.

--//--

It was oddly warm for a January day, but Camila decided to wear one of her big coats. Just in case it got cold. It had nothing to do with the fact that along with her scarf and beanie, she practically disappeared. Despite the desire to meet Lauren's parents, as soon as she stepped outside her apartment her nerves had come back – slowly but surely, as if every inch closer to her girlfriend's childhood home increased her nervousness.

Now they stood at the front door of the two story house, hand in hand, as Lauren rang the doorbell and shot her a big but bashful smile. The color in her cheeks told Camila everything she needed to know: the dark haired girl may pretend to be all cool and collected, but she knew Lauren was just as nervous as she was.

"It's going to be okay, you'll see." Lauren said reassuringly, running her thumb across the back of Camila's hand.

Before the young actress had a chance to reply, the front door swung open to reveal a middle aged woman with long hair and a huge grin on her face as she looked directly at Camila. Clara gave her a quick once over, making Camila feel a little self-conscious about her exaggerated outfit, before her smile widened and she turned to her daughter.

"Lauren, darling, come inside, you two must be cold." She took a step back and gestured for both of them to enter the house. Once they were inside, Clara closed the door behind her back came closer to Camila. "You must be Camila. I'm Clara, Lauren's mother. I'm so happy to finally meet you, you're even more beautiful than Taylor said Lauren told her. Not that she hasn't told us, but I think Taylor mentioned her being a little more enthusiastic on the phone with her." Clara laughed a little with that smile still on her face.

Camila could hear Lauren's groan as Clara moved in to give her a tight hug. Camila was quick to mirror the smile on the older woman's face and hug back, glancing at her girlfriend's incredulous face while doing so. She had to stifle a laugh at her expression. Lauren had warned the brunette that her parents might be a little "extra", as she'd put it, and that had unsettled her a little bit, but if this was what she'd meant, Camila had no reason to worry.

Clara pulled back and Camila took it as an opportunity to speak up as well. "I'm so happy to finally meet you as well. I'm sorry I wasn't able to do so earlier, you know how life gets sometimes." She chuckled softly, making Clara nod her head, the now warm smile still present on her lips.

"Oh, it's okay sweetie, I totally understand. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to embarrass my daughter just a little bit more." She said with a wink before turning to engulf Lauren in a big hug.

Camila laughed a little harder this time, watching how, despite the redness of her cheeks, Lauren was smiling and hugging her mom just as tightly as the older woman was holding her. A warmness took over her heart as she noticed how much love there was between the two of them and she could already tell Clara was a great mother.