Good Goes the Bye (Delena)

Have you ever been with someone that you just couldn't believe you got to be with? They were 100 out of 10 and you were barely a 6 in comparison. You just couldn't believe they chose to be with you but they were? I have do you know what the worst part about dating someone out of your league is? Well I'll tell you it's when you say goodbye when you break it off you are a mess. You realize that you will never find anyone half as beautiful and wonderful as amazing as them and you will never feel satisfied again you will constantly compare your new partners to that person and they will always be the thing you can't get over.

Music played quietly in the background.

"They say Rome wasn't built in a day
But you and I went and built it anyway
And it only took a second to watch it all fall to dust
I thought you hung up the moon
And you thought I lit up the room
But the lights turned off and it was the end of us

[Chorus]:
Slam goes the door
Hush goes the phone
Out goes the flame
And I'm standing here alone
Burn goes the drink
Down go the tears
Drip goes the sink
And I'm missing you like hell
Break goes the heart
Wrong goes the right
Good goes the bye

It's like we pulled the pin out of a grenade
It just didn't go off right away
But man did it go off when it finally did
Everything's suddenly magnified
It's loud and it's quiet at the same time
As the echo of it's all over sets in

[Chorus]

I can't go back, we can't be friends
And we can't be what we were then
You can't be mine, and I can't be yours
And it's not love anymore

Slam goes the door
Hush goes the phone
Out goes the flame
And I'm standing here alone
Burn goes the drink
Down go the tears
Drip goes the sink
And I'm missing you like hell
Break goes the heart
Wrong goes the right
Goodbye

I sat looking out the window what else could I do I was at work thinking about her yet again. This was not a new occurrence the usual thoughts swirled in my mind. The song playing didn't help one bit. It fit so well good goes the bye but I didn't want to say goodbye at all. Demi, I thought to myself what a perfectly suitable name it was beautiful as was she. I want to just get lost in all these thoughts and day dream about her everything, about being with her again but I know that will never happen she is happy with him. Ugh Wilmer what kind of name was that I mean can you imagine screaming that while climaxing? No! I can't either. The way she used to say my name though god it was so perfect when she was out of breath she sighed and moaned and screamed it so beautifully. I loved when she would scream 'Oh Sel Sel Sel!" I lived for her to call me by her nickname for me. She made it sound innocent and sweet and sexy all at the same time and she made me feel beautiful just by whispering it. Fuck I miss her so damn much! I was forced out of my thoughts as a hand waved in front of my face "Selena!" I sighed "yes?" I looked at my manager "we were asking if you'd be okay to go on tour with Demi Lovato the fans want it and we think it be good publicity the duo that had to break up but stayed besties! What do you think?" I sighed well I don't know could you go on tour with someone who broke your heart? Wait maybe he was right we could still be besties couldn't we?I mean you just don't throw a friendship away that was from when we were 5. I smiled "that sounds great!" He looked at me shocked "um uh really?" I nodded "I've moved on so has she and we have always been friends first and foremost it would be good for us to do this tour together." He nodded he had seen what her leaving did to me I canceled shows I quite eating and started to drink my feelings down the drain and soon self harmed till they had to make me go to treatment. I do admit everything I have been through has made me stronger and I don't regret a thing. I know he is scared I will relapse being around her or maybe he is just scared in general. I can see it on his face so I reassured him "so has she agreed what are we gonna call it?" He smiled slightly at my enthusiasm toward the subject "she was the one who suggested it and she proposed calling it 1 to 1 tour like referencing your guy's song one and the same or something along those lines." I nodded "sounds pretty good". He nodded and had me sign the contract and all that jazz. I left in a haze thinking about being near her had me lost in scenarios of what could happen. I imagined things I probably shouldn't have.