Chapter 10; Sleepless night

The day after she walked back to the coffee shop, Amani wanted to tell the rest of her story to Jay. She trusted him, his brown eyes made her trust him. Amani could see him sitting in the corner even before she entered the shop. When she walked in he looked up and a smile decorated his face before standing up and walking to her.

"You're back already?" He asked her while tilting his head.

"Yes, I wanted to tell you the rest of the story."

He walked over to the counter and ordered something, when the man behind the counter gave him the joint he walked back to Amani.

"In case you need it." He exclaimed. Amani nodded and she sat down on the same table as the day before.

"Where exactly did I stop with my story?" Amani asked him, she felt the strange urge to just tell him everything. The hope for a goodnight rest was embedded in her heart. She could've told the girl in her room the story but her bubbly persona prevented her from telling it. She thought that she would feel sorry for her and that was something she didn't want. On the other hand, the boy across from her, she had the feeling that he would just listen and maybe give her some advice but no teary eyes, cuddles or a crackling voice because of her problems.

"You told that the bunch of you went to do some groceries and that he bought some wine for all of you." Amani nodded and took a big breath to free her heart from the chains that had wrapped it.

"That evening and night we drank the wine and music was playing. Zoran was like me, a smoker and we went outside together to smoke. I drank a complete bottle of wine, the girl just a few glasses and I don't even want to know how much Zoran drank. I know for sure he had one bottle of wine and two bottles of beer. I bet he had more but it's all a bit hazy. So, I got quite wasted and we laughed, Zoran made jokes about needing help for the HelpX and we both laughed about it. I danced, smoked and enjoyed myself. While the night was getting longer and longer, Zoran changed. He started to announce that he loved Spanish girls, that they are strong and feisty. Most of all, he loved their beauty, I didn't think too much of it at that time. Beside that the girl told me that he's a good man and I believed her. When we were outside..."

Amani tried to swallow the lump in her throat away but it was still there. Her eyes started to glister from the burning tears. She reached towards her pocket for a cigarette when Jay stopped her and handed her the joint. His hands softly touched hers and a tingling sensation pulled through her body. Amani lifted up her head and looked into Jay's eyes. He looked at her with a caring look in his eyes.

"This will work better." Jay said to her, with a nod of his head he emphasized that she could take it.

"Are you sure?" Amani was a bit unsure about taking it.

"Consider it a gift." The joint was placed between her lips when she lit it. The smoke filled her longs, she blew out and gave the joint back to Jay who didn't move and let her have it. After a moment or two Amani could feel the weed do its work and she began to feel calmer.

"So" Amani continued. "We were outside when he told me that we could have some fun together. I asked him what kind of fun, I was so naïve, he said fun again and made a sexual movement. I didn't know what to say, I thought he was just joking around. When I said I would kick him against his leg he showed me his fake one. The iron was connected with his leg above the knee. It was gross to see, not that I'm a person who is going to judge them but truthfully, I would never want to do... that stuff with someone with a fake leg. I went back inside because the mood outside was getting odd and I didn't like it." "

"Every time if I went outside, he joined me after I had lit my cigarette. His questions became more and more sexual. He started to ask me if I shaved down there, when my last time was, all of those questions. I kept avoiding it by changing the subjects. Not long after that he started to come closer. He lifted up the sleeves of my sweater, saying that I had to be warm. After that he stroked my arm, I hated the feeling. He ruffled my hair saying that I looked beautiful and that he was glad that I was there. Each and every time we were together he tried to get closer to me. At first it wasn't even noticeable but soon enough I started to feel uncomfortable under the distance, or more lack of distance."