Chapter 3: My own way

It's just a few hours back that Amani left her home to get her bike. Except for the money she took from under her carpet and a the stuff she packed she had nothing. She left the bank account card at home, she knew they could track her down if she withdraws money. Even her phone was still at home. Everything that could connect her to her father and Calinda was back home. It hurt her that she wouldn't be able to talk to her best friend anymore. She would even miss Barcelona. It was a beautiful city, the Sagrada Familia with would rise high above the other buildings. Las Ramblas, with all the activities. Even all the people from all over the world. She'd miss the conversations, the liveliness of the city.

Her plan is to go to Paris first, the capital of France. The drive is around ten hours. Amani takes the E-15 towards Narbonne. She speeds up, she wants to be as far away from home as possible. I need to get out of here. What if my father finds me, or even worse Calinda. That bitch would make my life into a living hell. Amani grinds her teeth, the anger she felt towards their betrayal still hurts. On her way to Narbonne she passes the toll roads. The man in the toll booth asked for some money which Amani paid. The sounds of her motor roared through the air when she goes on with her journey. During the two hour ride she passes fourteen cars and thirty trucks. Amani was bored so she counted them all.

Just before she reached Narbonne she became tired and took the exit towards the city centre. The large city rose in front in her, build in a roman style. Amani takes a look around. The buildings and beautiful panorama sink into her brain. A feeling of luck spread out into her body. She decides to stay here a day to see the surroundings and everything the city has to offer.

The night is quite warm for spring. Amani decided to sleep the night on a bench and don't go and spend her money on a hotel. She found one at a peaceful park in central Narbonne. The bag she was carrying became a pillow for the night. The clothes Amani wears are her blanket. Her eyes closed as soon as she lied down.

A little two hours later she wakes up again. The morning sun shining in her eyes. Even though Amani is still tired she rubs the sleep out of her eyes. A big yawn escaped from her mouth. For a second she didn't know where she's at. Amani took a look around and then she remembers it. She was on a never returning journey. That day she visited all the monuments the city had to offer.

Amani went to see boulevard Gambetta, canal de la Robine and the palace of the bishop. She liked the cathedral of Narbonne the best. It's a gothic cathedral build in 1272, the one said it's finished in the 14th century others say it's still unfinished. The cathedral is dedicated to Saints Justus and Pastor. There should be treasure in the cathedral. Amani walked several times around it and enjoyed the sight of the sun reflecting the beauty. She bought some food in a shop nearby the cathedral and ate some of it in the spring sun.

Around three pm she got back on her bike again. She picked up where she left yesterday. She knew she had a drive ahead of her of seven hours, more if there would be a traffic jam. During her drive she took small smoking brakes. Ten minutes not more. This time is was busy on the roads. She followed the A75. The road changed into the E11 and the E5. It's a rather straight road. Once she saw the signs of Paris she followed those. Around eleven thirty pm Amani reached Paris.

She was tired and had a craving for a real, soft bed. Near Gare du Nord was a small hotel. She walked in, barely able to stand. She asked if they had a room open. Amani was in luck. They had a room available. She paid the lady behind the desk and went upstairs. The hotel was quite old. The carpet showed walking trails and the walls had a dirty yellow colour because of the guests who smoked inside. She didn't know if they still smoked inside or that is was from years back. At the moment she didn't care.

Amani opened her chamber and saw a big two persons bed. Angels were singing. Her bag got a place beside the bed. Amani changed her clothes into a pyjama. Although she could smell herself, she didn't mind. Amani would take a shower in the morning, not now.

Her mind wandered of and she dreamed of the beauty of Narbonne, the cathedral showed it's magnificence once more to her. A faint smile appeared on her face. Very slowly her dream turned into a nightmare. Her father found her, the anger visible in his eyes. He took her wrist with an iron grip. "How dare you run away from home!?" Her father's voice was like thunder at clear sky. Calinda was looking at the two with a satisfied look on her face. "You can't win from me, I got you, you're my pet forever. I want to spend your money." A evil smile appeared on her beautiful face. "Your just like Cinderella, but without the happy ending." She laughed out loud.

Amani woke up, sweat on her forehead. The blankets were tangled between her legs. She raised her hand to wipe the sweat of. Her arm was shivering. Even when I'm away from home? Amani asked to herself. That moment she knew for sure, this wouldn't be the only nightmare she would get.

Amani threw her in sweat covered pyjama's a side. With wobbling legs she went to the shower. Once it got the right temperature she went in. The water gliding over her body. She felt immediately refreshed. Her nightmare dissolved, the only thing Amani could think about was the warm water. She closed her eyes and lifted her head. The water flowing over her face, neck and from there it spread over her chest, belly, legs and feet. She forgot to buy some soap. Luckily there were small bottles of shampoo and soap. She used the minimal of it. Completely refreshed she got out the shower. Amani took a towel from the shelf and dried herself. The clean towel left, the shampoo and soap disappeared in her bag.

It was early in the morning. So Amani decided to goto have breakfast. She went down the stairs and took some bread and drinks.From her food the day before she had an empty bottle left. Very carefully thatno one saw her she filled the bottle with orange juice. The bag out of therubbish bin was used to keep her bread and fruit in. Amani ate until shecouldn't see any more food. Her stomach was blown up from all the drinks andfood. After her breakfast she went downstairs and checked out.