Chapter 6: Angelic voice, demonic deeds

The day after she went back to the store, the sweet smell welcomed her into the store. It was quite busy at that moment. A group of people was in the store walking around to decide what they would like to purchase. Others were standing at the counter asking the lady all sorts of questions. Amani looked back at the group walking through the store and in a glimpse she saw chocolates tucked away in a large coat. Amani posted herself in front of the door. The group started to move to the exit and when they saw Amani standing there, her arms crossed over her chest, eyes with determination. The 'leader' of the group stepped forwards.

"We would like to go out of the store, could you please move sweety?" Her voice sounded angelic, her deed were more demonic.

"No" Several people groaned and eyes were made into slits, glaring at Amani.

"Why would you do that? We just want to exit the store, I don't get why you wouldn't let us out." The woman exclaimed.

"That's simple, I'll grant you a passage if you pay for the chocolates you stole. I saw what happened, the ladies at the counter were a diversion and the rest was stealing everything in the shop. Who would suspect a group of elderly ladies. Clever but unfortunately for you, I saw it happening."

"What are you talking about sweety?" Even though she still tried to sound sweet, Amani could hear the harsh undertone. "Don't go and accuse people without prove."

Amani walked over to the lady with a big coat and asked her polite if she could look through her bag. The relief was visible on her face. She handed Amani her bag and Amani took a look inside. Medication, an old phone and go on. Amani put the bag a side.

"Your coat please." She reached out her hand to the woman, who looked around with wide open eyes. Trying to get help from the others. Her fists clenched around the fabric keeping her coat closed. The woman shook her head in denial. "Why won't you give your coat?" Amani asked.

"My wallet is in here." She tried.

"Your wallet is in your bag. It's red with a print on it, isn't it?"

"That's not mine." She lifted up her chin. Amani showed her the wallet and put it in her coat.

"If it's not yours, you don't mind if I take it right?"

"That's stealing! You can't do that!" Amani lifted up her eyebrow to the woman. She opened up her coat and gave Amani all the sweets inside. After collecting those chocolates Amani looked around the others and some opened up their coats to give back the sweets. Amani returned the red wallet and bag to the lady and cleared the way to go out again.

The woman came towards Amani from behind the counter. Her face pale and with shaking hands she took Amani's. "Thank you so much my dear." She gestured to a chair behind the counter. "My husband told me that we don't need a second person in the store, I think this proves him wrong. I will have a chat with him about this tonight and I'll make my final decision tomorrow, is that good for you?"

Amani looked at the woman, she was glad that she wanted to reconsider offering her a job, but her money almost ran out. It would be impossible to live if she didn't get this job, she wouldn't have money to drive somewhere else, no money to sleep in a hotel, hostel or whatever. But what other choice did she have than to accept this? If she didn't say; yes, she would have the same problem.

Amani smiled at the woman. "I'll come back tomorrow, please accept my resume and my cv. I'll be here the same time as today." She gave the papers to the woman, she asked the reception yesterday to print it for her and they would gladly help her with this request. The woman took the papers and waved her goodbye.

"See you tomorrow, I hope I have positive news for you!"

"See you tomorrow ma'am."

Amani walked out the store and walked around the city. She liked the vibe in the city and the most people were really nice. Amani went in and out of some stores, browsing the stuff they sold.

A empty bench was calling her, it was situated in the sun and Amani couldn't resist to sit down for a moment. She reached into her pocket for a cigarette and lit it. The smoke twirled high up in the air. Amani blew out some smoke. She didn't smoke that much, but she wasn't able to stop either.

Around her were a lot of people, some carried bags and others didn't. Others were alone, in a hurry or just strolling around the city. Amani loved to look at people. A shiver went through her body, she had the feeling of being watched, again. She looked around for anyone looking at her. Most of the people were busy with others or talking to their phone. Sure some people looked at her but instinctively she knew it wasn't them. The feeling became worse and made her feel uneasy. Amani dropped the last of her cigarette on the stone floor, stepped on it to make sure it was really out and walked away. First slowly but her pace became faster and faster. The uneasy feeling surrounded her as a thick fog from which she wasn't able to escape. Amani started to run back to her hotel, heavily panting she reached the sliding doors. They opened and she shot through them.

Once she regained her breath she asked for another night at the reception. They said it wasn't a problem to stay a little bit longer. She went to her room and dropped herself on the bed. What was that...? It felt creepy...! She wondered out loud.

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading everyone! Love it :D

Who was it that made her feel so uneasy? And will she be able to get the job?

Read more in chapter 7; Final Decision.

I can always use feedback, comments on how to improve myself and if you like the story how it is... a click on the star would make my day sparkle :)