1 (Ciel's POV)

I walked around my manor due to boredom, staring at the same walls I've been observing for the past hour.
With the servants gone and company nonexistent...life was quiet.
I long for the chaos I once despised years ago.

Of course, I still have Sebastian here. But he's not always the best conversationalist or source of entertainment.
After I became a demon, my asthma, and to my dismay, my cat allergy, disappeared. So Sebastian has free reign to keep a few cats in the house.

I limited him at seven.

Speaking of cats, I saw Midnights black form jump onto the large couch by the television as I made my way downstairs. He was one of the felines I didn't mind having around.
Midnight kept to himself and didn't often bother with the others. He was calm and never broke anything.
Sometimes he'll lie on my lap while I'm reading in the library, staring at me or the pages silently with his glossy green eyes.
I considered him my buddy.

Sitting on the couch, I pat my lap. Midnight flicked his tail before trotting over to me and jumping on my legs.
My hands began to stroke his shiny black fur in a slow rhythm.
He purred in satisfaction while stretching. This brought a rare smile to my face.
'I wonder what I could do today...'
My mind began to wander slightly before Sebastian walked in.

"Ah, my lord, there you are." He turned his head, making his way over to me.

"What is it, Sebastian?" I asked the elder demon without looking over.

"Could you take Midnight out for a walk while I prepare afternoon tea? He hasn't had his usual time in the garden yet."

"I suppose so." I respond to the request. Midnight hopped off my lap and into the floor, staring up at me expectantly.
I chuckle quietly, stepping towards the door before slipping my shoes on.

My hand turned the knob as I walked outside with the cat at my feet.
Midnight happily trailed behind me while we went around back to the garden.
He immediately flopped down in the grass and began rolling around.
I snicker slightly, sitting not far from him. "You're awfully ecstatic about being out here."

Midnight meowed in response. I watched him tumble in the green blades.
Allowing myself to relax, I lied down on the lawn. I wasn't able to get comfortable before a rumbling truck passed in front of the house.
"Ngh..." I roll over to see a large moving van park in an open area. "Oh, it must just be the new neighbors."

Suddenly, Midnight shot up and burst across the lawn into the land beside the manor. After a few mere seconds, the black cat was out of sight all together.
"Bloody Hell..." I sigh, standing up once again. "That van must have scared him off. With all of these woods around, it'll take me awhile to find him."

Brushing myself off, I adjust my eyepatch. Although, I didn't even leave the area I was standing on before I saw a boy walking over, Midnight in his arms. I recognized the face after he came closer.
Alois Trancy..?!