Chapter 20

Hoi. New Year's Chapter.

---

Seasonpaw walked into the forest, sighing. She looked behind her, wings flapping once more. She tried flying into the highest tree she could find, and succeeded in doing so. It wasn't that far from the CandyClan camp. 'I wonder why this happened..' She thought, looking at her wings and looking at the sky, as a few hours had passed, resting on the tree, she saw dawn approaching.

She flapped her icy wings once more, flying into a light pinkish orange cotton candy cloud. Having tasted the milk of a CandyClan queen, she was now able to eat the candy in the dimension. She took a bit of the puffy substance, and not long after, she felt something in her belly. It wasn't butterflies, but it was tingling. It had something to do with the cotton candy. She purred in amusement, and zoomed back to camp, making her wing muscles do a lot of force.

She landed in camp, and she stood up, as her hyper had gone out. The cats started at her, not because she was hyper, (because being hyper is a normal thing in CandyClan)but because she had wings.

She started back, not knowing what to do.

"Excuse me!" Hollypaw crawled through the crowd. "What happened to you?!" She screeched, her green eyes were wide. "What about you?! I keep seeing you with a Phoenix tail!" She pointed to the feathers on Hollypaw's rear end.

Nobody knew if it was a coincidence or not, but wings.

Firey wings came sprouting out her back.

"Oh my stars!" Hollypaw was squealing like a kit becoming an apprentice. "I'm just like you!" Hollypaw smiled.

A blue grey she cat came through the crowd. "Rainleaf?" Seasonpaw looked at her. "Seasonpaw, your wings look worn out, too much muscle tension can-"

As she was about to finish, Seasonpaw fell to the ground.

~.~

"Ugh..." Seasonpaw groaned, as Icewing padded over to her with dull, and sad eyes. "I see.." Icewing frowned, Seasonpaw noticed her wings were gone, but Seasonpaw had the same pair of wings that Icewing once had. "What? How? Where? Why?" Seasonpaw looked around, frantically.

"Why.." She looked at her paws.

"My mother had a curse from Starclan, after breaking the code she had loved most.." She sighed, "The curse goes to anyone who finds her hawk. Her ice hawk, which WAS me, now it's you.." Icewing sighed and turned to Seasonpaw. "You have the curse now." Seasonpaw was frowning.

"So, you found your mother's hawk and got your wings and stuff?" Seasonpaw asked.

"Yes." Icewing replied.

"Does that mean your mother was the voice that whispered to me?" Seasonpaw asked one more time.

"Yes." Icewing replied once more.

"Wake up. Now."

~.~

Seasonpaw woke up in the medicine den, as Hollypaw rested under her wing. "While she was waiting for you, she fell asleep. She already trained, by the way. I think you should rest for awhile, then we can train." Peppermint said, looking concerned.

Seasonpaw nodded, remembering everything Icewing had told her.

But she remembered, a voice in the shadows..

It was calling her name.

"Seasonpaw..."